• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

"Nightmare in WARPed Woods" GLOW Ace Race Oct. 26: Waupun, WI

Keithzilla

Details: Remember how much fun our first Ace Race was? No? Because you didn't show up? Time to redeem yourself. This Ace Race will feature 36 holes, 18 in the daylight, and 18 in the dark, spooky, probably haunted Warped Woods of Waupun County Park.

On-site registration will open at 1:00 pm and close at 3:30 pm. Cost to play the event is $25......Unless you play the event in a costume. Costumed players play for $20. Player's meeting at 3:45 followed promptly by a shotgun start. After the first round we will break so everyone can grab some grub and get the glow sticks that we provide in the player pack attached to a few of your discs.

Sunset is predicted at 6:07 pm, so that's when we will meet up for the second player's meeting and start the second glow round of 18.

Tournament Page: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/tournaments.php?mode=view&tid=4774

Scoring will be standard Ace - 3 points; Metal hits - 1 point. Mulligans will be available for purchase. Holes will be shortened and each player gets one throw per hole. Accumulate points to win.

The first 30 people to register will receive a free Dynamic Discs Fuzion Fugitive mid range. Everyone beyond 30 still will receive a small player pack. Our private graphic artist has designed some amazing trophy discs and Dynamic Discs is printing them up for us.

We will hold an award ceremony after the event, and have a social hour around the bonfire. Alcohol will be permitted, but the event is BYOB. PLEASE drink responsibly. We need to vacate the park by 11:00 pm.

Let's get a big turnout for this one. any revenue will be split between the Waupun Area Recreation Project and the Waupun Disc Golf Association to go toward course improvement.

Last edited:
I may have to see if I can swing something...maybe my cousin's husband would want to go...hmmmmmm...

What kind of prizes are on the line? Just the trophy discs?

Hey Stardoggy,

Sorry so late getting back to you. Yes, the trophy discs are the only prizes for top finishers and there will be a prize for best costume as well. Maybe it sounds a bit lackluster, but each player pack includes a $15 retail disc with some other goodies, and the trophies are $30 wall hangers, custom designed by an incredibly talented artist (the same guy that did our signs for the course), truly one of a kind and beautiful. This is for an event that we're charging $20 to play in, assuming you come in a costume. The true prize is getting to experience a glow ace race with a group of amazing people and having a great time. We lost money on our first event and we will most likely lose money on this one too. We're trying to spread the word about the new course and give the charity that funded the course some face time.

I hope to see you out there. If you do come, find me (Keith) and let me know who you are :)

Keith

Sorry...I should have worded that differently than "just". I really didn't mean to come off as ungrateful.

I tried and tried to get myself to this event, but alas, the wife has other ideas. Great course, though!

No offense taken, but I can see how people could say that our prizes leave something to be desired. We're a small club and these events we have aren't huge draws, so we cant throw around $500 prizes, I wish we could. I just wanted to clarify that even though our prizes aren't huge, they're good quality and you're pretty much getting your money back in the player pack. Plus this will be a great time, and hopefully will introduce some people to glow golf. Wish you could make it.

No worries...I've got plenty of plastic, so it was more a curiosity question...I really enjoyed the Ace Race I was in a few weeks ago. I'm actually from Waupun, and have a bunch of family still living there.