• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

No matter the style my putts miss right

What helped me was to pay attention to exactly how I line up, I am a slush putter however my form is heavily influenced by Ricky wysocki, after studying multiple forms it proved most effective for me. I line up square but my lead door to points inward slightly, this give my shoulder just enough then to release naturally but still be aiming straight on sandstone different stance

Huh? Slush? Door? Sandstone?

This might not apply to you, but I'm working on a similar problem and putting the disc on a slight hyzer has helped. I used to try for a flat release on the theory that I want to throw straight; using a little hyzer is giving me a much cleaner, more consistent release and it's not making the disc fade out or anything.

Paint the pole. That's the only thing that helped me, and I too constantly battle pulling my putts right. When I'm putting well, it feels like i'm holding a paint brush in my hand, and my putting downstroke paints down the pole of the basket, then on the upswing as I transfer my weight, the brush in my hand paints the pole coming up, and follow thru with the brush pointing at the pole

Not gonna lie didn't read the thread.

Look into eye dominance. Shooters face this issue often...You may be "aiming wrong" so to speak (right vs. Left eye dominant). Forgive me for not being more thorough I'm on mobile and have to run.

Paint the pole. That's the only thing that helped me, and I too constantly battle pulling my putts right. When I'm putting well, it feels like i'm holding a paint brush in my hand, and my putting downstroke paints down the pole of the basket, then on the upswing as I transfer my weight, the brush in my hand paints the pole coming up, and follow thru with the brush pointing at the pole

As a professional painter i may have to try and use this. It makes sense. Thanks

Got paired with one of the best putters in NH for random dubs a few weeks ago. He is an arborist and had very recently suffered a head injury that left one eye swollen completely shut for a few days. In 18 holes, I think he was 4 out of 5 in the 30 to 40 foot range. I asked him if he was compensating for only having one eye. His response:

"I try to putt flat and level at the center of the chains."

You can try and take in all this advice and totally re tweak your form or just aim about a foot to the left? Might be hitting dead center after trying that??;)

Lol, autocorrect. Spush for slush, foot for door, and I'm not sure what sandstone ended up in there as but what I was saying was that changing my stance changed my whole putting game.

It's ok man. Everyone drinks and DGCR's every once in a while. :D

Casey1988 is occasionally difficult to decipher.

Okay, now it makes sense lol didn't catch the reference at first, I usually use my phone and it knows what I wanna say, broke my phone and been using my kindle(till payday) may have some caseyish posts till then

Shots go to the right? Aim more to the left.

Thats why I just move the rear foot ;)

LOL I hear you! Its easy to get caught up with how everything is supposed to be done properly but applying it and it actually working for you takes practice, practice practice. I'd like to know how many hours Paul Mcbeth has spent practicing his putting to get it to where its at now?? 50ft in, he doesn't miss often. His arm just seem like its on auto pilot at those distances

Over the last 1.5 years I've went through so many reiterations of my putting style with varying success it kind of hurts to think about. I started having quite a bit of success trying to emulate Ricky, but after a short hiatus this summer, completely lost consistency. I was struggling with 15 footers and that had to stop. Switched to a from the hip more spin than push putt (somewhere in between McBeth and Lizotte/Eagle). I was pretty much automatic to 20', but couldn't quite generate enough power to get consistent in the 25'-35' range. I started watching a lot of James Conrad, and thought he had a very easy looking putt style. I started toying around with it, and along with watching this old Philo clinic, something finally clicked. I think Philo repeating the weight toward the target, and watching the rhythm him and Conrad putt with really helped me.

As for OP missing right, there's something about keeping the right side of the body closed through the entire swing that helps me keep the disc going at the target. Also getting the weight moving toward the target before the pendulum starts moving forward is huge. I think anyone that's missing right has a weight shift issue. If everything is moving directly at the target, it's hard to miss right. If you're over opening the wrist, trying to release on just a slight hyzer helps. I "release" on more hyzer the further out my putt gets as it counteracts the natural over opening you'll get from trying to pop the disc out harder on 40'+ putts. I put release in quotes as the disc will naturally come out more flat through my regular putt stroke.