• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noob in North Cackalacky needs a little help

I've done field work throwing for about 3 hours on each of 3 days this week. I'm not sure that it's helping. I have managed to have some really good pulls, farther than I've thrown in the past, but on average it doesn't feel like my results are improving.

Perfect practice makes perfect, they say. I worry I'm just grooving bad habits. I have no real clue how to tell whether I'm doing something good or bad. It's dispiriting.

My problem is that I've always been impatient. Also, I'm hard in myself when I am in an initial learning phase. I know that reviewing video is necessary, but turning that into practical change is a very unsure thing. I can see that my form looks wrong, but I can't seem to get it to right. Ugh.

Greetings! Fellow noob here, been playing disc golf for 6 months now. UNC is my home course and is where I've learned how to play. For a beginner, it's a lengthy and difficult play but totally worth it. Not that shorter, putter/mid range only courses aren't helpful, but UNC have forced me to use different throws and angles. I generally play UNC 10 over more or less.

But I also have days where I tank lol. I've found out it's a very up and down sport. Hang in there

Latest posts