• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Wanted] Noob to the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

td27

Hi there, i am new to disc golf and am looking for a good starter set. I have looked at the beginner sets but dont know if thats the best way to go. If that is the best way to start, i will go and buy one of those, otherwise if someone could set me up with a good package of 3-5 discs, i would be greatful. I have a few free courses in my area that is good cosidering i want to pass time while im laid off, so if anyone would let me know what to get/send me a 20-30 dollar package i would appreciate it, thanks alot, Travis

I started with an aviar/shark/leopard kit from dicks 25$ I think.

If I could do it over I would get softer putter/ star shark / champion roadrunner

If you do get a starter kit, get the Innova one not the Discraft. I put a nice dent in my Pro D Wasp by hitting... the chains in the basket.

I like the Shark and would recommend it to anyone. It teaches the concept on fly straight then ends left (assuming you are right handed) without over doing it. The Discraft XL (anything but Pro D) is a good first driver, same concept as the Shark. For a putter just get something basic. DX Aviar, Pro D Magnet or a SS Magic is hard to go wrong with.

My other advice is do a goolge search of you town/area and disc golf club. Find which night is league night and go meet some friendly people who would love to help you play.

I've also got some good beginner disc's I'd let got for cheap if you are interested. PM if you are interested.

i can make you a starter kit for 15$ plus shipping

WEll i appreciate all the feedback, i have been offered a good deal which i a tking, so thanks again for all the input/offers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts