• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Now I am a huge Smashboxx fan...

davetherocketguy

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
So today I was running day 2 of a am B-tier and got a phone call no TD ever wants to hear - a player is injured. One of our players today managed to slice open her PALM of all things and pretty bad too (not the throwing hand). She walked all the way back to tourney central. She was bleeding pretty good too. I should have been more prepared with a first aid kit but in steps Terry Miller...He doesn't hesitate to donate a clean towel to put on her wound to help stop the bleeding and without hesitation insists on taking her to the nearest open med center. Brings her there and STAYS with her until she sees a doctor and gets 3 stitches. And unbelievably she makes it back in time to start her second round and plays through it all. WOW

Needless to say, I am now a huge Terry Miller fan. Felt like I had to share this awesome story. And yes...I am going to have a first aid kit at all future events.

Awesome! Nice to see good people still exist! Also, things like this are why I carry a small first aid kit in my bag, and a more substantial one in my vehicle. Especially being a father of two small boys. There's a good chance that the band-aid has paw patrol or spider man on it, but it'll stop the bleeding haha.

Seriously though. Good on Terry.

And I'll admit I felt REAL stupid for not having a FirstAid kit on site with me. So Amazon to the rescue and I bought a decent one that should be here Wednesday.

And to top it off, I was panicking because I could not for the life of me find my car keys because I fully intended to bring her myself. Found out later that my keys fell out of bag on hole 4. (facepalm)

-Dave

Awesome! Nice to see good people still exist! Also, things like this are why I carry a small first aid kit in my bag, and a more substantial one in my vehicle. Especially being a father of two small boys. There's a good chance that the band-aid has paw patrol or spider man on it, but it'll stop the bleeding haha.

Seriously though. Good on Terry.

Everyone knows that cuts heal faster with a Spider Man print band-aid. :)

So today I was running day 2 of a am B-tier and got a phone call no TD ever wants to hear - a player is injured. One of our players today managed to slice open her PALM of all things and pretty bad too (not the throwing hand). She walked all the way back to tourney central. She was bleeding pretty good too. I should have been more prepared with a first aid kit but in steps Terry Miller...He doesn't hesitate to donate a clean towel to put on her wound to help stop the bleeding and without hesitation insists on taking her to the nearest open med center. Brings her there and STAYS with her until she sees a doctor and gets 3 stitches. And unbelievably she makes it back in time to start her second round and plays through it all. WOW

Needless to say, I am now a huge Terry Miller fan. Felt like I had to share this awesome story. And yes...I am going to have a first aid kit at all future events.

Not sure if you saw Terry's tweet to go along with this story:

jp2J4Bo.png

Latest posts