• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Now that's a pro call-out

This thread reads a bit like a DG soap opera...

^ you sound like my great great grandfather who i never met and is clearly dead. whether it's a positive or a negative on the whole is an entirely other debate but you clearly fail to understand that you can't reach people who have immersed themselves in the social media movement any other way than the way they have chosen to communicate with the world around them.

i also think it's quite hilarious you bash that but come on here of all places to connect with people.

Fair enough, but this site is a limited interest community. I generally keep my comments to disc golf. I am caught on this occasion, not doing so. You fail to understand I have no interest in reaching those immersed in social media, they are unreachable. To each his own, man. Now get off my grass you dang hippie.

I think he meant the original author took his message to social media because a majority of the people he was targeting with his message have chosen social media as their man outlet for communication

If you had any actual facts and knew the guy then this would not be so hard for you to comprehend. We can either be stuck in the current model of our sport or shape your own path. The old model supports the weak attitudes of the people mentioned or you can reach to new horizons. Gregg has shown more support than most in my journey and I thank him for that. Rock on Gregg!!

Stuff like this is the exact reason I got rid of Facebook almost 2 years ago.

Too many people ranting about their displeasure with things they have no intention or desire to actually influence. This guy is mad about how some of the guys he plays with regularly behave. Maybe he should mention it to them when he sees it happening rather than writing an anonymous letter on Facebook.

Chances are the people he is intending to reach with this message will either blow it off and laugh or not even know that he's trying to point the finger at himself.

Social media is the downfall of communication.

Good point Mike

Gregg is a staple of Nor Cal disc golf and is part of a rich disc-golf tradition here. I've had a few conversations with Gregg regarding rules and how they are enforced, so I'm going to guess that a main point of his rant was referring to this. He knows nobody is getting rich off disc, let's not jump to conclusions and point fingers. Sounds like he is going to post more shortly...

Some players feel entitled like they are special

Some players cheat and don't call penalties on each other on some of those lead cards

Some players are takers and some are givers

The new generation really could care less about the roots of the game

Frankly the roots of the game crowd has held the sport back with its drug and alcohol culture

I could go on but I don't want to be called an attention getting social media whore

pretty sure that rant was just a roc vs buzzz question. I think maybe the beard is leaving?

Must be talking about those MVP sponsored pros.

Well, give GB credit. His rant caused yet another 80+ reply speculation thread on good ol' DGCR, and we got a whole four replies in before somebody said the P word.

images

I score it as a 916 rated "call out". Intermediate level. He missed a bunch of birdies not naming names, and went OB making it repetitive.

Barsby said:
...cheating...shadiness...not following some simple rules...lack of integrity in regards to rulings on the road...

This is very accusatory, but totally toothless without any specifics. Everything else is meaningless fluff.

Except this!!!
(by the way I will say the rulebook needs to be re-done)

What a tease. Now on THIS I'd like to hear more.