• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

NT question

NT's are pro only. Most NT events also offer an AM A-tier along with the main event. It kinda depends on which one you are looking at.

At the Memorial, there were no divisions offered that were lower than Advanced for the AM side. You were still free to play Advanced, as many lower rated AMs did.

Can a rec player play in an NT tournament? :confused:

Yes, as long as the player is a PDGA member, he/she can play an NT, but he/she do not get to play in a Rec division.

NTs are pro only, but only a few have any kind of restrictions in terms of who can sign up. Vibram Open, for example, is qualifiers-only unless you go the wait list route. Beaver State Fling does a tiered registration where the higher rated players get first crack, so a low-rated player has to hope there are still spots left when his turn in line comes up.

Generally speaking though it's a pay the entry and you can play set up.

Thanks for the replies. I asked because I was looking to play the discraft Great Lakes open and I see no am tournament, just an NT. my friend is a pro player and is looking a co-pilot on the trip. I guess I will look on discraft's site to see if they have an am tournament for the same weekend.

Thanks for the replies. I asked because I was looking to play the discraft Great Lakes open and I see no am tournament, just an NT. my friend is a pro player and is looking a co-pilot on the trip. I guess I will look on discraft's site to see if they have an am tournament for the same weekend.

This coincides with the NT
---------------------------
Amateur A-tier
June 1 - June 2, 2013
Dexter, MI
Courses: Original, Monster
Hudson Mills MetroPark
Field: 144
Huge player pack

The NT pro event and the AM event are at two different locations though. (NT at Kensington MetroPark and the AM event at Hudson Mills MetroPark) About a half hour or so apart. Tough decision to not watch the pro's play Tobaggan. First time since 2000 World the the top guys around get to play this beast.

The NT pro event and the AM event are at two different locations though. (NT at Kensington MetroPark and the AM event at Hudson Mills MetroPark) About a half hour or so apart. Tough decision to not watch the pro's play Tobaggan. First time since 2000 World the the top guys around get to play this beast.

fwiw the quoted post above is at least partially inaccurate. many of the top players have been to toboggan post worlds as it was featured as part of the layout for dglo in years since.