• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Nuke, grip problems

CwAlbino

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Anyone else have problems with the nuke's rim? I've been able to throw bosses and katanas, and the destroyer fits in my hand very nicely. Something about my esp nuke though, I think I'm losing a ton of consistent distance just on my grip. I've had to switch my grip type on that disc only just to try and get a better grip, I just think I'm not able to transfer everything over to it as well as I do on smaller rimmed discs. Usually I just use the standard power grip, I've tried the stacked bonopane, and now am using a stacked power grip. My ring and middle finger stack on top of the pinky finger while the index is standalone and ofc the thumb on top. It's a very tight grip and is working better, but I still feel a definite power loss. Any suggestions? I just wish they'd come out with an elitex nuke :-/

I just usually grip lock the damn thing since the rim is just a little deeper then im used to. As for advice, stick with what discs feel good in your hand and dont change your grip just for one disc especially since Im sure your not getting way more distance with the Nuke then say over a Boss or Katana.

I get 30 meters extra distance when I use the Nuke compared to my Champion Boss. I haven´t tried the Katana but the Nuke is perfect for big distances for me.
My father also have the grip lock problem but I think it´s a great disc for those who can use it whitout changing their grips. I use a four-finger powergrip on all my distance drives with my pinky and index finger flat on the rim while the ring and middle finger are thucked to the inside of the rim.

I throw a couple Nukes, Katanas, Destroyers, Wraiths, etc. and I've never noticed a grip problem with the Nuke. It flies almost as far as my Katana(It would blow it away if I could get the thing to turn over slightly). But I feel like I have a better grip on the Nuke than the others. Maybe I'm just backwards.

if my Memorial Nuke didn't consistently bomb, I would take it out of the back because of the uncomfortable grip and strange release

Only thrown a Nuke a few times, but I love the wide rim. Oh, and I can bomb the thing :p

I can't grip anything over speed 12. Destroyers are even a stretch for me.

Its too fast for me but the Nuke with that big rim is the best feel I've ever felt in my hand. Too bad it isnt possible for me to get a slower disc with that rim.

Well I guess the smaller the inner diameter is, the harder it is for bigger hands cuz there's less space to spread the fingers out... It also feels like the rim is shallower (for weight distribution?) than say my Force which is also sitting on the table and it feels more rounded on the rim where the dome meets, which makes it a little harder to feel that inside edge. I love wide rim drivers though... no problem for me. Granted my Nuke is pretty new still but the ESP plastic is slippy on it, moreso than my Force's.

I haven't had any problems with the Nuke or any other wide rimmed discs. Actually I perfer them because my fingers have don't extra curl space like on smalller rimmed discs.

Exact opposite for me. I never really had great results with the boss/groove/katana but Nukes really seem to pop out of my hand like no other wide rimmed disc (had my longest throw ever of ~495ft last week with a nuke)

I've had some grip problems with my Katana (which has a similar size rim to the Nuke obviously). Every now and then it will slip out of my hand before I get a good snap on it. It's made me consider switching back to something a little smaller (Wraith). Any thoughts?

I've had some grip problems with my Katana (which has a similar size rim to the Nuke obviously). Every now and then it will slip out of my hand before I get a good snap on it. It's made me consider switching back to something a little smaller (Wraith). Any thoughts?

Except the Katana is super shallow.

No grip issues for me but ESP Nukes are poop. They beat in like a Pro-D piece of crap and get flippy after like a week. My Memorial Nuke was the longest throw I ever had but was so inconsistent. I'd rather use a Star Destroyer any day. You can whack 100+ trees with one of those things and it will never lose its shape.

The grip is fine, I just don't have the arm that this disc requires. Or maybe I do, and the disc is just crap. I don't really know....I hate the groove too.

Latest posts