• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

OB Rule change?

I played in a tourney in September where the OB rule was; If any of your disc is touching, or over the OB line the disc is considered OB - the TD was pretty convinced that was now the official ruling in regards to the OB rule, so that's how the tourney was played.

Has he learned to read since then?

i know very little of pdga rules but it would seem that OB would be an important one to get right and have consistancy across the board

that there is any confusion at all about it means either humans can't read a rule book or pdga needs to state one way or the other and post it clearly in the rule book

if it's already in the rule book can you post it?

according to the rule book as of january 1,2010 summary of rule changes. It states the line is now ob.

ob.gif

Yes. The line is OB. However, you still have to be completely surrounded by OB to be considered OB.

The genesis of the "OB line is OB" change was, I believe, from the case where there is an OB fence (or other object marking the OB line). According to the old "the line is in-bounds" rule, one could argue that if your disc came to rest on the other side of the fence, but touching the fence, it would be considered in-bounds. Also, if you threw over a fence but then hit the OB side of the fence on the way back before resting OB, you would be able to take your next lie at the point where it hit the fence instead of where it first went OB.

Latest posts