• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Odd Mini Marker.... Is this Art?, or just a little bit creepy lol

Emoney

* Ace Member *
Found this Gem on Ezbay. Its a ceramic mini marker made with horse hair. I'm not sure where they took the hair from(pause for laughter) but it just doesn't look right to me lol

So everyone... ART or CREEPY

Description:
This is a wheel thrown ceramic disc golf marker made by Dan Willis Pottery. It is horse hair raku fired. The black lines are created from the horse hair burning on to the surface, leaving a carbon stain. This disc golf marker is 5.5" wide and it is sealed with bees wax to make it water proof. If you want to have the coolest disc golf marker in the tournament, this is your marker.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-21-12-17-46.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-21-12-17-46.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 336
Uh, er...I'll take Jus' uh Lil' Creepy for $100, Emoney.

Sounds like they need to keep their horses away from the kiln. :eek:

It's art. When doing Raku you use many items that are combustible. The different "flash point" of the combustible causes different effects.

There is some really awesome looking Raku out there.

I'm just sayin, looks a tad "pubic" for my tastes. Maybe that's just the juvenile in me.

This is nice art! I make custom pubic art minis if anyone's interested. Through my extensive network of couch surf hosts, I can acquire the short n curlies of any touring pro. These are then mixed with flashing trimmings from their sponsor and a proprietary epoxy blend, then lathed and sanded to a smooth finish. Fans have spoken, they want to get closer to dem nutz and we've gotten a great reception in the Facebook collector groups!

I used to do quite a bit of different ceramic sculpture work and really enjoy many styles but Raku has always been one I'm really particular about. That particular piece doesn't do it for me, maybe because I hate horses.

This is nice art! I make custom pubic art minis if anyone's interested. Through my extensive network of couch surf hosts, I can acquire the short n curlies of any touring pro. These are then mixed with flashing trimmings from their sponsor and a proprietary epoxy blend, then lathed and sanded to a smooth finish. Fans have spoken, they want to get closer to dem nutz and we've gotten a great reception in the Facebook collector groups!

I'll take as many Feldberg Trilogy minis as you can make.

*resells to fanbois*

*makes millions*

I say nay.

steviewonder.jpg

Post of the year.

Raku is certainly an art form. This particular application or style does nothing for me. To me it looks like the horse hair was applied without any real rhyme or reason. It's just a random mess.

I'm just sayin, looks a tad "pubic" for my tastes. Maybe that's just the juvenile in me.

That was my thought exactly when I saw it.

If you want to have the coolest disc golf marker in the tournament, this is your marker.

I wouldn't say this would be the coolest disc golf marker in a tournament. This however would be what I would consider the coolest marker to lay down. These are just beautiful.

Given all the jock riding that goes on around here for a few of the pros, these might actually sell like hotcakes.:D:sick: