• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Old Chainstar

Casey 1988

Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!
So I wonder why of every course I have seen with the old style Chainstar, it is the easiest or most targeted for vandalism that I have seen.

If not the case everywhere, then the older shorter cage Mach III or the modern Mach II are equally next in line.

Seems to be DISCatchers for me. People just can't resist those yellow bands.

What did you say?
I was charging my disc.

Also have seen worse, now a park bench in my local Pierre (Pier) Steamboat park course the seats are not able to be used, I suspect the police did this to prevent the underage drinking in that spot of the park where the teens go up to the train line above a sign to keep drinking as then a specific railroad owns the land. Anyhow that part of the park and course is gone soon in next few years due to the city putting in the water treatment plant. City was either it ends up here or we do not get one at all Dumb as there were better places to put one to get water directly from the river, which the City needs as we have some of the highest Magnesium in water in the USA for a city in the 10,000-20,000 range. It is so bad some round bowl toilets clog up over the years even if you have the higher low flush toilets that are best you can get on the market right now without going industrial. You can't buy the old standard flush toilets anymore.

Also have seen worse, now a park bench in my local Pierre (Pier) Steamboat park course the seats are not able to be used, I suspect the police did this to prevent the underage drinking in that spot of the park where the teens go up to the train line above a sign to keep drinking as then a specific railroad owns the land. Anyhow that part of the park and course is gone soon in next few years due to the city putting in the water treatment plant. City was either it ends up here or we do not get one at all Dumb as there were better places to put one to get water directly from the river, which the City needs as we have some of the highest Magnesium in water in the USA for a city in the 10,000-20,000 range. It is so bad some round bowl toilets clog up over the years even if you have the higher low flush toilets that are best you can get on the market right now without going industrial. You can't buy the old standard flush toilets anymore.

I understand the words you typed.
I don't understand the order you typed them in.

Seems to be DISCatchers for me. People just can't resist those yellow bands.

I have seen at one course in California, the L shaped 10 hole one in San Luis Obispo with stickers on the band, mostly Innova at the time in 2004 when I played. But then those baskets are/were in 2004 the old early Innova Discatcher Pro the 1990's single set of 20 chain's so they were at least 10 years old at the time, just bran new chains that were galvanized added to the baskets as the old ones had rusted out, the practice tee and basket/first hole was not changed and were nearly rusted out.

That is the worst I had seen besides the ones at Black Hills state University(BSHU) where every so often they had to just spray paint over the offensive or controversial stickers on the Innova Disctchers including the fraternity stickers, the school did spray over the Innova logos to put the BHSU Wasp logo in yellow and Black/Very Dark Navy Blue? in that spot, reason they used Innova Discatcher in the first place for the course was due to the top band being almost the color the school uses for the Yellow in school colors. Also can see from the course a Sturgus and BHSU where the Sturgus logo in the hills in brick that is nearly as old as the Hollywood Sign.

Latest posts