• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Old Faithful

I've got a few of them. My most faithful was a beat up 09 ice bowl black wizard, which I somehow recently lost. Now I'm trying to beat up a few organics to take his place to varying degrees of success.

After that it's between a 2nd 1st run Buzzz, and a midnight buzzz, which I have a couple backups of.

Then it goes to a nice SB Orc that is nothing but good to me. If the days going poorly I just need to look at those discs and it lifts me up a little bit.

Glow Champ TL that was seasoned for 1.5 years before I lost it recently.

I also had a First Run Mako from when they were first released that I could hyzer flip, lace thin gaps, and throw turnovers with. It was lost 2 day later.

Funny because I very rarely lose discs

for me it's probably my pink 174 z comet that has finally started to wear into the sweet spot. still locks into flat from a slow hyzer, but turns beautifully all the way to the ground if you want it to. this was the first comet I bought, and it's been in the bag for nearly 2 years now.

My go to disc after I just chunked a drive is my orange opaque buzz. It just seems to always do what I want it to and is super reliable.

CHEERS - Koffee

Go to is my 174 Red Pro D Challenger. Can park anywhere inwards of 300' on whatever line is called for. If the drivers aren't working for me that day, I take the less distance and just play my pars with the putter.

Probably my Buzzz. Even though I use it a lot, there are a ton of occasions where I'll throw a crap drive and then just whip out the buzzz and park the hole. Starting to realize it though and have started just grabbing the Buzzz to begin with

Check out the Discing Down Adventures thread in Technique. You would probably find it very helpful if your pitching a roc 380...

Yea I am hitting my plateau at around 400 with no wind and it's been getting to 450 with a moderate tailwind. I'm deleting the Katana and Destroyer from my bag for a month or two to try and improve my D with my Teebird/Firebird/Valk combo.

The Roc is going just as far as my control drivers, with more control. (depending on the wind).

Mind boggling. :confused:

I guess it depends on what your talking about as being old faithful? To me, any one of my discs I better be able to count on within a certain range, but when I'm in trouble, its gonna be my Flick.

I know, it sounds crazy that something so fast and overstable is my ol' faitful, but I can count on it to do what it does. If I go into the bushes and dont see where my disc is, I take one disc in with me to find it. The Flick.

We been through more jams together than a New York City cab driver.

One thing is for certain. When I got into the rough with that disc, keep a heads up on the fairway, cause its going to come bursting out hard and fast!

I guess it depends on what your talking about as being old faithful? To me, any one of my discs I better be able to count on within a certain range, but when I'm in trouble, its gonna be my Flick.

I know, it sounds crazy that something so fast and overstable is my ol' faitful, but I can count on it to do what it does. If I go into the bushes and dont see where my disc is, I take one disc in with me to find it. The Flick.

We been through more jams together than a New York City cab driver.

One thing is for certain. When I got into the rough with that disc, keep a heads up on the fairway, cause its going to come bursting out hard and fast!

This is my Star Eagle with SEX on the back. I'll throw it whenever I don't know what to throw, and it usually ends up good.

The first disc I ever bought, a 171 star TL; a multi-toned orange and yellow plastic I haven't seen elsewhere. It was the disc I learned with, and my only disc for the first 3 years I played. Eventually I assembled a bag, but if I NEEDED a shot I was puling out my TL. I was hunting my first ace at the local par 3 and somehow left without it. I bought a replacement, but it isn't the same.

My 172g Star Wraith. Can make it turn over when I want it to, get it to fly dead straight when I want it, can fade hard/skip/flare when I want.

I'd say my Z Wasp right now. It's still not as nice as the TeeBird I gave to the lake at AJ Jolly after five years of seasoning.

Forehand: I have a 10 yr old Champ Banshee, one of the first champ. discs I bought, and still flies VERY dependable, thing is I only need it for certain shots, so it's not used that often, but I'm very confident when I pull that out.
Backhand: my SOLF<sirius orion long fade>, this disc just feels right in my hand, flies incredibly well,and is sooo dependable, even in wind...not huge 40+ mph gusts, but breezy days, it just flies along.

I've got a pink 174 Augusta Wraith that's always been special to me. Then I lost it in a bramble so thick and deep - just impenetrable. I went out and bought a brush hook and came back to find it two days later. Victory!