• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Old Farts Only 40+ (no kids allowed)

What do you find most annoying about the new disc golf scene?

• Total voters
...except it was yawning and sneezing at the same time.

Aww hayell Chewbaca, I can't even pat my head and rub my stomach..... or is it rub my head and pat my...... I seem to have misplaced the point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

39...but in Korea, I'd be 40.

I don't like the scene that wants 10 footers to look as flukey as this (though, I guess that nonsense was around when I started playing too.)

2f68d6da2fb9ddb16ccf65e2de3968632f0b70f1.gifv

61 years old. Started last September. Took up the sport/hobby/game after enough badgering from my friends that have been playing for years. "ok fine, I'll go get some discs and look into it". Two dozen discs and a pro tour bag later, guess who's out on the course any chance he can get, rain, snow, shine or hurricane winds and has more course time than all of them put together?

61 years old......who's out on the course any chance he can get, rain, snow...

I would avoid slippery conditions, etc. As much as we love this game, reality is a life debilitating or career ending injury is only a tee slip away. That's one side of the sport I wished was addressed more, there is way more injuries in this sport than is lead to believe.

Absolutely, DiscFifty. We wear boots and do stationary throws. Just out for exercise and fresh air more than "playing" during the winter. We also skip the hill tees. Having arthritis in my feet and knees (I'm a high mileage cyclist working in a bike shop), I bought some Nike Air Monarch shoes with the full length air feature for regular season play. What a difference. No hobbling around for an hour after playing.

. Having arthritis in my feet and knees (I'm a high mileage cyclist working in a bike shop), I bought some Nike Air Monarch shoes with the full length air feature for regular season play. What a difference. No hobbling around for an hour after playing.

OOH, that's gotta be miserable. Glad you found a work around. Arthritis has cramped my game too.

Too many personal brand labels.

Nice!!! Please allow me to take that disc and run with it....

Back in my day we only had one name on our discs, our own! We didn't need some special run of whatever blend with someone else's name and PDGA # on top. That should be illegal! It's like the disc is double tagged!

Just because some "athletes" can throw a putter 350' doesn't mean all 20 of them need their own name on discs with specialized runs for twice the price. I'd like to see them throw some lightning stuff that far! There wasn't a speed rating on discs, there was a distance limit! They just wouldn't go that far.

The only guy that should have had a name on a disc was KC... he earned it with 20yrs of hard golf, with crappy plastic and a bunch of world champ wins. These kids now have it too easy with technology.

Come to think of it though... down with Ken Climo.. These personal disc runs are all his fault!

People not returning discs they find. Call or text me...please. In most cases, I'll give you $5 for returning my disc.

At almost 52 I've been playing for just over a decade... My only complaint is the trash... It's gotten much better at my home course since I started, but there is still too much for my liking... I really only play in the early morning, so I don't have to worry about the course being crowded(kids these days are still in bed by the time I'm finished)...

For the past several years, I have been playing around with a bunch of new plastic...thinking that I need to stay relevant and keep up with technology. My game has also been slipping.

Last year, I went back to a classic bag that fit like an old pair of jeans.

Challenger-Buzzz-Wasp-Glide-XL-Pred-Surge

A single putt and approach. A diverse trio of mids. A flexible pair of fairways. And one single driver that I've always loved but outdated and slow by today's standards.

Statistically, last year was the best year I've had in a long time. It reminded me that consistency wins. My form reverted back ten years and my snap improved as well.

This is probably a better post for a mold reduction thread but I thought it was proper here. Just sharing that messing around with a ton of under stable discs hurt my game. Especially the high speed drivers. What I gained in D was far outweighed by a loss of consistency.

Any other old farts feel me on this?

Last edited:
For the past several years, I have been playing around with a bunch of new plastic...thinking that I need to stay relevant and keep up with technology. My game has also been slipping.

Last year, I went back to a classic bag that fit like an old pair of jeans.

Challenger-Buzzz-Wasp-Glide-XL-Pred-Surge

A single putt and approach. A diverse trio of mids. A flexible pair of fairways. And one single driver that I've always loved but outdated and slow by today's standards.

Statistically, last year was the best year I've had in a long time. It reminded me that consistency wins. My form reverted back ten years and my snap improved as well.

This is probably a better post for a mold reduction thread but I thought it was proper here. Just sharing that messing around with a ton of under stable discs hurt my game. Especially the high speed drivers. What I gained in D was far outweighed by a loss of consistency.

Any other old farts feel me on this?

I'm in the process of reverting back to old Millennium molds that I used to throw. QMS, Sentinel MF, QJLS, QOLF as the middle of my bag lineup. I'd already gone "back" to using the Spike as my main P&A although it isn't that old of a mold. I still have the understable long distance drivers in the bag though. When confronted with a long, wide fairway, it's just too easy to take the extra distance.

Latest posts