• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

older discs lookin for appraising??

this doesn't smell fishy to anyone?

not really, sounds like a dude fairly new to the sports helping someone that doesn't play anymore sell their ****. The disc golf internet sleuth thing was great in helping to get that canadian dude his bag back, but I think folks have gotten too vigilant after that whole episode.

BTW, unthrown X-Clones are going for $16 a pop on marhsall street disc golf's website. They have ridiculous shipping charges though, so I haven't gotten any from them. I'd be willing to pay in this neighborhood for them, just hate getting so taxed on shipping. They also have a Scott Stokely signed Xclone I think they're charging like $25-30 for, but I could care less about the sig since I plan to throw them. Thought you might want to check out their website to compare some other discs too. They've got a bunch of rare and hard to find stuff.

First-run Cyclones are a good example of how disc collecting gets crazy. The first run Cyclone was run in a stiffer, more durable version of the Tournament Pro plastic and they were more overstable in flight than the later runs. Back in the mid to late 90's when the Cyclone was a ubiquitous long-range driver, a first run Cyclone could fetch $25.00 easy. There were plenty of guys looking for them to throw.

Now the Cyclone is a largely forgotten fairway driver, an overlooked relic that very few players throw. The market value for a first run Cyclone is actually lower today than it was in 1995. They have some collectable value, but it's pocket change compared to what a CE Valk will go for.

BTW, I'm not sure the Cyclone in the picture was a first run. The very first run did not have "PDGA Approved" on the stamp.

Last edited:
yeah, i forget to check websites "from the attic" selection...
ebays been ok, but i've seen some ridiculous buy it now prices

and as far as these discs go, i've only seen a couple with someone elses sig on them, he's inked alot of them, i doubt the phone number is current, but his pdga number is on some... i'm not worried bout the stolen issue cause i simply asked what they are worth, not tryin to unload, i've offered no trades or forms of payment
understandable but not the case here

First-run Cyclones are a good example of how disc collecting gets crazy. The first run Cyclone was run in a stiffer, more durable version of the Tournament Pro plastic and they were more overstable in flight than the later runs. Back in the mid to late 90's when the Cyclone was a ubiquitous long-range driver, a first run Cyclone could fetch $25.00 easy. There were plenty of guys looking for them to throw.

Now the Cyclone is a largely forgotten fairway driver, an overlooked relic that very few players throw. The market value for a first run Cyclone is actually lower today than it was in 1995. They have some collectable value, but it's pocket change compared to what a CE Valk will go for.

BTW, I'm not sure the Cyclone in the picture was a first run. The very first run did not have "PDGA Approved" on the stamp.

i may have posted the wrong pic, the disc looks dirty in that pic, and i know the "first run" was clean and unthrown... i dont know, but was told that the first runs didn't have the raised lettering on the underside... is this true? or have i been mislead?

What's hillarious is that Hole 4 of Old Settler's is considered one of the world's greatest holes when it's just 1000' hole in an open field.

What's hillarious is that Hole 4 of Old Settler's is considered one of the world's greatest holes when it's just 1000' hole in an open field.

Given the time frame when that disc came out, it may very well have been considered one of the great disc golf holes. I'm guessing that disc is probably from around 93' or 94'. Old Settler's was the very first course I ever played and was my home course for several years when I lived in Round Rock. At that time the course was the second longest in the nation.

I can also attest that Old Settler's today is very different from what it was like in the early years that I played it. For example, that small little creek that runs between the fairways for #3 and #4, used to be completely overgrown. I'm talking about thick grass, weeds, shrubs and thickets that were well over six feet in height. That thick shule spanned at least eight feet on each side of the creek. When a disc landed in that area, you were usually hunting around for quite awhile. Also, that "island" of trees halfway down #4's fairway, you know where the field sinks down in somewhat of a hole; it too was an overgrown jungle. Sometime around 98' the parks and rec department started mowing all of that area along the creek as well as in that island of trees. No longer do you pay a hefty price for an errant throw. There is a world of difference between what that hole used to be like and what it is today.

In fact, looking at Google Earth has revealed that the line of tress on the right side of the narrow part of the fairway leading up to the basket are gone. What a shame! I can't imagine why those would have been removed. Having those trees removed eliminates the great risk/reward that a player was presented with for that final 250 feet to the basket. It used to be that on one side of a 35' wide fairway you had a row of trees and on the other side you had water. Not any more. Talk about a total let down. I feel fortunate that I got to play that hole the way John Houck had originally designed it. It's unfortunate that great hole has been downgraded to what it is today.

Looking at Google Earth has also revealed that the back nine has been altered quite a bit from its original design due to park development. The next time I'm in Austin I'll have to pay my old friend (Old Settler's) a visit. I'm afraid though the changes will be dramatic and quite depressing.

To the OP, the collection of Greatest Disc Golf Holes discs is very impressive. As a whole, I can see that collection possibly getting a sizable sum of money from a serious collector.

Last edited:
i got a pretty nice offer on my used first run firebird ce. saw one new on ebay for $104.95 USD. how much is it worth?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The tye dye SE Roc, if its new may fetch up to a c note, maybe more since it has the proto stamp. The KC gazelle i would venture to guess is over $50. I put a lot of USED KC pros on ebay that were the 7x,8x,9x champ stamps like that gazelle and got a decent amount of money for completely beaten and battered bees I had no intentions of ever throwing again.

The tye dye SE Roc, if its new may fetch up to a c note, maybe more since it has the proto stamp. The KC gazelle i would venture to guess is over $50. I put a lot of USED KC pros on ebay that were the 7x,8x,9x champ stamps like that gazelle and got a decent amount of money for completely beaten and battered bees I had no intentions of ever throwing again.

thank you

As a Gazelle-head I have purchased:

2 9x for $25 shipped
1 11x for $12

This was right before or shortly after its supposed demise, I really would not think over $25 would be possible except for maybe the 7x.

1004047t.jpg

1004050.jpg

this one from overseas? diferent set? not mine i'm not sure
1004062s.jpg

The bottom disc with the german writing on it is not from any set. Hartmut "Hartl" Wahrmann had this disc made to honor what i am pretty sure is germany's original course. Hole 15 in weilheim bavaria, Just south of Munich. Bottom reads "One of the most beautiful disc golf holes in Europe". To the right of man reads "My Good Luck Roc".

I have the same disc, an original stiff plastic dx ontario roc. I got it from Hartl when i still lived in germany. I have also played that hole, which is only used in tournaments. Got mine for 7 euro. Has no monetary value past what an original ontario roc is worth, but has significant sentimental value to me for the one that i own.

10 years later ...

hey ! this is the actual son of Nick Sartori. Adam Sartori. my dad is doing great and still living in Florida running his own tree service.. for anyone wondering !
anyway .. i would really like to get my hands on one of my dads old discs . i know he ended up selling a lot of his old ones but whatever discs are left in circulation i want to get my hands on.
i know this is super late and i most likely wont even get a response back but i just thought NOT trying would be pointless. please reply as soon as possible if these are still for sale ... by some miracle.

hey ! this is the actual son of Nick Sartori. Adam Sartori. my dad is doing great and still living in Florida running his own tree service.. for anyone wondering !
anyway .. i would really like to get my hands on one of my dads old discs . i know he ended up selling a lot of his old ones but whatever discs are left in circulation i want to get my hands on.
i know this is super late and i most likely wont even get a response back but i just thought NOT trying would be pointless. please reply as soon as possible if these are still for sale ... by some miracle.

Moto doesn't post often anymore. You may want to PM him directly so he gets notified you're looking for him.