• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] OLF Mega Thread

The timing of this is funny. My distances are about the same as OP. I've been feeling kind of stale with my P, S, and C PDs lately so I decided to switch things up and see what happened. I won a N Shock and N Volt a few weeks ago. I liked them enough I picked up a P Volt, and all three complement each other well.

I still felt they were missing something though, or maybe I just needed something more familiar, but this weekend I pulled out my old QOLF 1.1, which was a favorite before my PD stint. I found it was right between the P and N Volts, ie, a little more hyzer flip friendly than the P Volt, but not as much turnover as the N Volt, which, for me, is the money flight my driver game is built around. Maybe the P Volt will get there eventually, but for now the QOLF is my go to driver.

I also have a 1.2 QOLF and a SOLF, unsure of the run. I've thrown them in the bag too, but I haven't messed with them enough to give any input yet.

I got a 150 1.3 SOLF tie-dye from Academy Sports. I love it. It's very overstable which surprised me being so light. It's not awesome in the wind but I can still throw it if the winds not kicking up too bad. It's my longest disc. It has a small amount of high speed turn and a big fade on the end.

I also bought a 164 SOLS but that thing is super beef. It's like a new Champ Teebird and since I've already got that in that bag it never made the bag. a buddy has a tie-dyed one that is money so I've been looking for a 150 in the tie dye but no luck so far.

I wasn't trying to give you a form critique, so my apologies if my post seemed negative. I was honestly just givin you a heads up that the OLF probably won't do much your Volts don't already. If you are looking for a straight to fade disc that is easier to throw than a Destroyer, I would highly recommend a PD. They are very easy to throw in P-line plastic and they glide very nicely. They will not turn as much as a Volt, and they should also be a bit longer.

Maybe the OLF isn't really what I need if it's that similar to a volt. I guess I just need to man the heck up and quite being a P***Y and throw my Destroyers again. Because I love the Volt.

Maybe after doing this DDP Yoga for another month or so I'll start to get some mobility and rotational speed back.

Diamond Dallas Page?:p

I'm surprised this didn't come up earlier but the OLF has a Firebird Bottom and the Wraith/Starfire top (I know the bottom was eventually mentioned).

That said there is a Teerex topped batch of Q-OLFs (not sure about other plastics, I've only came across them in Quantum) that have the slanted outer rim area like the Teedevil/Archon/Vulcan. In my experience they are slightly less overstable [see what I did there] and have a bit less glide than the normal molding. Great throwers if that's the disc you're looking for, but since I already had enough of the Wraith/Starfire topped ones I figured no need to mix things up.

I believe they may have even used a third top at one point but don't quote me on that..I can't always remember everything I read on the internet, let alone fact check it:)

EDIT:: IIRC they added a spacer after 1.1s to add stability - hence people mentioning the differences in flight.

x2:: Q-O-L-F or Orion. NOT Qwalf or Saulf - it sounds silly that way.

Last edited:
I pronounce it as Kwolph and Solph. Yeah, it's stupid but it's Millennium's fault, not mine.

I've been throwing the OLFs since the prototypes came out. Love them!

1.1s All - off the bat will drift to the right (not turn) and have a very glidely fade left. they get straighter with time. These also fly faster then the other runs. Truly speed 10s not 9s. I hope my stash of 40+ last the rest of my life.

1.2s MOLF, and QOLF - very stable HSS off the bat with a tad bit more end fade but still glidey. The give the illusion of being more OS but they arent, just hold a straighter line.

1.2 SOLF - garbage domey crud. fly like a less glidey FL. just total junk and no one should waste their money or life with them....hope you can sense the anger.

1.3s - Innova ruined them even more by making them more OS and even less glidey. This run is a complete and total deviant from the original run. not worth anything.

1.1s All - off the bat will drift to the right (not turn) and have a very glidely fade left. they get straighter with time. These also fly faster then the other runs. Truly speed 10s not 9s. I hope my stash of 40+ last the rest of my life.

1.2s MOLF, and QOLF - very stable HSS off the bat with a tad bit more end fade but still glidey. The give the illusion of being more OS but they arent, just hold a straighter line.

1.2 SOLF - garbage domey crud. fly like a less glidey FL. just total junk and no one should waste their money or life with them....hope you can sense the anger.

1.3s - Innova ruined them even more by making them more OS and even less glidey. This run is a complete and total deviant from the original run. not worth anything.

Agreed on all counts. I haven't seen any crap MOLF's, I only have a few around but they're all flat like the 1.1s and cut through the air like a faster disc.

1.3s - Innova ruined them even more by making them more OS and even less glidey. This run is a complete and total deviant from the original run and some are even + mold. not worth anything.Except the random 1.1s that were sold with the 1.3 stamp. Those are amazing if you know how to find them!
ftfy :)

I disagree with the assessment that 1.2 SOLFs would be domey glideless junk. None of my 1.2s have nearly the mega dome of the 1.3s, but they have very gradual smooth dome, and my 1.2 QOLFs are actually shaped pretty much exactly the same. Sure they are a bit more overstable to begin with than the 1.1s thanks to the blunter nose, but after a bit of wear they sure do turn nicely and glide for ages. I actually wish I had more of them, since I really like them in their various stages of wear from overstable to turnover discs, and I don't really care for the plus-rimmed megadome 1.3s.

I disagree with the assessment that 1.2 SOLFs would be domey glideless junk. None of my 1.2s have nearly the mega dome of the 1.3s, but they have very gradual smooth dome, and my 1.2 QOLFs are actually shaped pretty much exactly the same. Sure they are a bit more overstable to begin with than the 1.1s thanks to the blunter nose, but after a bit of wear they sure do turn nicely and glide for ages. I actually wish I had more of them, since I really like them in their various stages of wear from overstable to turnover discs, and I don't really care for the plus-rimmed megadome 1.3s.
the 1.2s depend on which run of them you are looking at. they did not keep the run numbers proper after the first run of 1.2s

funny . . . i'd been lurking this thread for a while; decided to go on a binge and buy a replacement for my lost tsunami and figured i'd pick something else up for fun.

digging through the pile, and what should i see? i 161g SOLF, stamped 1.1

go figure. i had to buy it just because everybody was talking about it.

turns out it was a good call, by the way.

this thing just crushes; even at its low weight i can lay into it - just the tiniest hint of turn and it goes looooooong on a freaking laser. think i'm going to try and not beat it in. or maybe i should, and use it for distance lines and fairway hyzerflips...

either way, i'm in the fanclub.

I picked up a 170g 1.2 QOLF yesterday. Can't wait to throw it with my SOLF's and see what it's all about. The plastic is amazing on this thing. It's like a milky white and kind of champy-star feeling. Is this the norm for the 1.2 run of QOLF's?

Lot of really good information in this thread. The only thing that I have to add is that 150 QOLFs make for outstanding thumber/fh discs, especially for someone with a less than stellar FH. I always found that light, moderately overstable stuff yielded the best results for me. Not so beefy as to reinforce really bad habits, but beefy enough to be forgiving.

I also had an ugly-as-sin SOlf that was board flat and just as beefy as my Qs. Loved that thing until I lost it in tall grass (it was tyedyed, so it was only a matter of time).

To the OP - I'd just get a P Volt instead of a OLF, and you could try switching to something a little less beefy for your max d. Personally, I throw light Icon Cannons, but a Jolly Launcher Tern or a Sword might fit the bill too.

I picked up a 170g 1.2 QOLF yesterday. Can't wait to throw it with my SOLF's and see what it's all about. The plastic is amazing on this thing. It's like a milky white and kind of champy-star feeling. Is this the norm for the 1.2 run of QOLF's?

I have a few of those milky white 1.2s and really like them. They are definitely overstable, and stay that way. I've been throwing one for over a year and it's still overstable. But now the plastic is grippy and gummy feeling in the summer. They're nice.

Latest posts