• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] OLF Mega Thread

How are the 150 class Qolf in a headwind? I'm building a 150 class bag. Currently the only driver I have is a lat64 jade. Does the 150 qolf overlap with the jade or could I get away with jade+qolf as my only drivers and skip a firebird?

Hey guys, havent been on for a while.. just switched to OLF's from PD's and I new the mega thread was where I had to be.
I picked up a sweet M OLF from 07. How durable is the old M plastic? Feels great.
Also which runs are going to be the beefiest? I have only 1.1's and they kick a$$, but I need one that is beefier, more like a fresh PD Im hoping..

Hey guys, havent been on for a while.. just switched to OLF's from PD's and I new the mega thread was where I had to be.
I picked up a sweet M OLF from 07. How durable is the old M plastic? Feels great.
Also which runs are going to be the beefiest? I have only 1.1's and they kick a$$, but I need one that is beefier, more like a fresh PD Im hoping..
1.4's start out pretty beefy.

The 1.4 QOLF is the most stable run I've tried out so far. I don't throw one anymore since I have some beat Sexton Firebirds for that shot. That older MOLF should get fairly flippy for an OLF. My old beat in MOLF 1.1 is pretty much sidewinder it Roadrunner flippy by now, it's great!

The 1.4 QOLF is the most stable run I've tried out so far. I don't throw one anymore since I have some beat Sexton Firebirds for that shot. That older MOLF should get fairly flippy for an OLF. My old beat in MOLF 1.1 is pretty much sidewinder it Roadrunner flippy by now, it's great!

Awesome, I'm planning for this MOLF to become my flippy one in the cycle, just wondering how long that will take exactly. Right now it's just point and shoot with a subtle fade.

The 1.4 M's start out pretty beefy and are great for cycling. Not as overstable as a C-PD but close to an S-PD.

1.2 SOLFs and QOLFs start close to an SPD. 1.4 SOLFs start beefy, but season in pretty quickly and have more glide than SPD's, IMO.

I just picked up an old MOLF in a trade and was entering it in my disc organizer, we need timg to add "beat like a red-headed step child" to the disc condition options.

It's a beautiful thing in the air, though. I've kinda developed this weird thing where I pick up a really beat Proish plastic driver that would be too much disc for me if it was new and use it as the disc I throw in places where it might get lost. They tend to bomb and when I actually do lose it I get really bummed out. The two molds that have really been great for me in this slot are X Avengers and MOLF's. You don't see them every day, though. I end up using Pro Destroyers all the time because you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a beat up Pro Destroyer. Now I have a MOLF again and can take that dumb Pro Destroyer out of the bag.

Last edited:
I just picked up a MOLF 1.3 and think I may have found that elusive OS 9 speed driver that I can beat in while keeping the fade. Basically a hyzerflipper with good fade is what I'm looking for. Is my assessment of this disc accurate?

I'm also looking into the SOLF 1.4s that are out there. Im wondering if anyone can give me info on how the plastic feels. Is it slick? Grippy? A combo? Also, are they the stiff or flexible Star-type plastic? .

And how do the QOLFs feel? Is it the stupid stiff, slick Champ? Or gummy?

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

I just picked up a MOLF 1.3 and think I may have found that elusive OS 9 speed driver that I can beat in while keeping the fade. Basically a hyzerflipper with good fade is what I'm looking for. Is my assessment of this disc accurate?

I'm also looking into the SOLF 1.4s that are out there. Im wondering if anyone can give me info on how the plastic feels. Is it slick? Grippy? A combo? Also, are they the stiff or flexible Star-type plastic? .

Qolfs are jolly launcherish. Start off without a lot of grip but wear in very well.

Solfs are great middle of the road star. Not too stiff, not soft. Awesome.

And yes, pick up turn, keep the fade. But these newer olfs won't pick up a lot of turn for a while unless you're really crushing them. It's going to take a long time to hit 1.1 solf status, i think.

Qolfs are jolly launcherish. Start off without a lot of grip but wear in very well.

Solfs are great middle of the road star. Not too stiff, not soft. Awesome.

And yes, pick up turn, keep the fade. But these newer olfs won't pick up a lot of turn for a while unless you're really crushing them. It's going to take a long time to hit 1.1 solf status, i think.

Thank you for the input. That star blend sounds perfect. Im going to have to pick up a few of them.

So I don't know exactly ALL the info but I recently went on a rampage and ordered 2-3 of each of these sets: Q-OLF, S-OLF, Q-OLS, S-OLS. So far the Q plastic is medium flex and somehow grippy, its not slick firm champ, but definitely not gummy or bendy, to me its perfect mix. The S is same, not too firm not too gummy, good grip. As for flight the S-OLF I have all were 171g, I couldn't find max weight, but they fly with a tiny flip up to flat (maybe turn if you rip it or windy) if it gets turn it holds straight and has a medium fade. I was looking for a Stable control driver and went back to Orions after not loving the feel of the vulture and trying other old molds, like Starfire and some new ones etc etc. I really like the OLF and in both plastics. Q 1.3 is pretty stable but not a beefcake, its great. Q and S OLF pair really well. Its worth getting, just do it.
I just hope they continue to make these as I am really liking the discs so far. just wish there was even more selection.

I just hope they continue to make these as I am really liking the discs so far. just wish there was even more selection.

This. I hope I don't have too search for these.

Thanks for the description of the plastics and flights. I think I'm going to auction some plastic and get some of these.

Last edited:
What's the most overstable OLF run? I picked up a 1.5 QOLF and it's super nice, but isn't bringing the stability I was hoping for.

I'm jumping in on the newest MOLF hype train too. They're awesome workhorses right off the shelf, so I'm mostly looking for an OS bookend to compliment them.

What's the most overstable OLF run? I picked up a 1.5 QOLF and it's super nice, but isn't bringing the stability I was hoping for.

I'm jumping in on the newest MOLF hype train too. They're awesome workhorses right off the shelf, so I'm mostly looking for an OS bookend to compliment them.

I've heard that 1.4 Quantum's are the most OS.. anybody else?

I have a small selection of OLFs I got to try. At the time I was throwing eagle x molds and didn't push much further than 300-310' backhand. I've been working on it and am out to 325' -335' accurately now. I've also switched to mostly eagle L molds and took the olfs out to try again.

They are quite similar in flight to an ex for me, but about 20' longer. Throwing a 165g zipper top back in the bag for a few rounds. I can now see a distance difference, though not much, and a flight difference. I think it will compliment the ELs I throw nicely.

Heavy 1.3 Qs and the 1.4 Qs are the beefiest.

I have only used a handful of these discs but the 1.4 Quantum Orion LF is the most OS I've used, still workable but reliable. I hope Millennium can continue to make more of these and push them - as I don't find these around much. hard to find and I don't like that in a disc I bag. :\

Looks like it's been a year since last post.. 1.5 Quantum's are out now. Anybody using the 1.5s? How do they compare to the 1.4s?