• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] OLF Mega Thread

So a beat in OLF? hyzer flip to flat with reliable fade? And how much fade(if any) do they lose? Or is it one of those molds that just begins to have a more pronounced turn after seasoning?

So a beat in OLF? hyzer flip to flat with reliable fade? And how much fade(if any) do they lose? Or is it one of those molds that just begins to have a more pronounced turn after seasoning?

They get a little turn. Some folks say they're like a faster eagle.

So I grabbed an MOLF today from DGCR. I've never thrown one but I have done a ton of research. The -1/3 is apparently the jam and great for cycling. Okay, to the point: I was just curious as to the differences in Millennium and Sirius plastic? Is it just the obvious added stability and lifespan? Or is there more? Thanks ODRB/GripEnemy for the quick answer LOL.

Anyone have anything to say about the OLS? If the OLF makes the bag then I'll probably pair them. Any comparison of a Valk to the OLS?

The OLS works well for the beat-up OLF slot. But if you season an OLF long enough you'll not need the OLS.

I think the OLF is more workable overall. If you don't play enough to wear in your OLF, a paired OLS will cover a lot of the same shots.

I bag a moderately beat SOLS with my PDs. I think they fly very much like a Valk.

This. Exactly. I threw SOLS in between OLFs and Roadrunners until I beat in a bunch of SOLFs. Now I just throw SOLFs (and roll Roadrunners, although RRs SOMETIMES get thrown too).

This. Exactly. I threw SOLS in between OLFs and Roadrunners until I beat in a bunch of SOLFs. Now I just throw SOLFs (and roll Roadrunners, although RRs SOMETIMES get thrown too).

I have some pretty beat p-PDs that I bag occasionally but I'm loathe to take the OLS out. I have a couple older ones I picked up used that I'm pretty fond of. Love the firm star plastic on some of the dye runs. Got a new run that I'm not as fond of.

My very first OLF came in the mail today. I'm excited! I got it in the Millennium plastic JIC i didnt like it. Haven't got to throw it yet but I really like the feel and shape of this bad boy. Will definately report back after throwing.

My very first OLF came in the mail today. I'm excited! I got it in the Millennium plastic JIC i didnt like it. Haven't got to throw it yet but I really like the feel and shape of this bad boy. Will definately report back after throwing.

So, after a day of field testing (80 throws?) some more field work today and a casual round with the OLF it is safe to say its not the disc I was looking for definitely beefy when new but it is workable. The lack of glide is what killed it for me ( I have the standard plastic) not sure if maybe it's a freak thing or if the sirius or quantum are glidier? But for me the OLF won't be going in the bag (just yet) I'll break it out and keep throwing it from time to time but for me Thundys and valks I do believe will hold their slots down.

So, after a day of field testing (80 throws?) some more field work today and a casual round with the OLF it is safe to say its not the disc I was looking for definitely beefy when new but it is workable. The lack of glide is what killed it for me ( I have the standard plastic) not sure if maybe it's a freak thing or if the sirius or quantum are glidier? But for me the OLF won't be going in the bag (just yet) I'll break it out and keep throwing it from time to time but for me Thundys and valks I do believe will hold their slots down.

The Thunderbird in GStar plastic basically does everything for me that the OLF in base plastic did, with the exception that I can rely on the Thunderbird to hold more stable into a headwind. Still really like the OLF, but don't throw it anymore because of the Thunderbird.

The Thunderbird in GStar plastic basically does everything for me that the OLF in base plastic did, with the exception that I can rely on the Thunderbird to hold more stable into a headwind. Still really like the OLF, but don't throw it anymore because of the Thunderbird.

I threw it in some moderate headwind and it did okay. That being said it was different. I know what the Thundy is gonna do in wind
I'm cool with it because now I have my fairway setup dialed in. Mostly.

The lack of glide is what killed it for me ( I have the standard plastic) not sure if maybe it's a freak thing or if the sirius or quantum are glidier? But for me the OLF won't be going in the bag (just yet) I'll break it out and keep throwing it from time to time but for me Thundys and valks I do believe will hold their slots down.

I'm somewhat surprised you find the base OLF to lack glide, I've really only experienced that with some QOLF. I don't have much experience with Thunderbirds but do own a Star 175 that is beefier than even my most overstable QOLF.

If you're looking for some more turn with that disc, I'd say wear in the base OLF via some trees. The differentiating factor for me bagging OLFs over PDs and Thundys has always been the turn/glide with a dependable fade.

As for the other plastics, Quantum is generally the most overstable and has the least glide. Sirius is really my plastic of choice for these, I have a 175 in the bag that's been there just over a year and I've just recently added a fresh one. The year-seasoned SOLF has a very defined turn at this point, but will come back with enough hyzer or height.

I've got one new run base Millennium plastic and it was a bit more overstable out of the box than previous base runs, but it started turning after just a few rounds. Not useful to me right now, but I think it could be beaten in pretty quickly.

I'm also surprised at the idea that an OLF doesn't have good glide, that was not my experience either. I just prefer a reliably straight to fade flight over the turn to fade flight which some might call more workable.

Well, Im going back to the drawing board boys.. After throwing worm burners all week I'm beginning to think it was the archer not the arrow. Now that being said I am also about to tey the viking as well. The OLF still might be a little too beefy for my style of play. But I am gonna give it another shot. After some form work.

Well, Im going back to the drawing board boys.. After throwing worm burners all week I'm beginning to think it was the archer not the arrow. Now that being said I am also about to tey the viking as well. The OLF still might be a little too beefy for my style of play. But I am gonna give it another shot. After some form work.

What's making you pick the Viking over the Valkyrie?

Is the viking a valk style disc? Infigured with -1/2 numbers thay it was more of a controlled fairway but stable. If it's a valk type disc then its a no go I love my Valks. So I was thinking Viking in the OLF/Thundy/whatever slot. Was I wrong here?

Latest posts