• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

On the road to recovery....

BadKArma

I started playing DG in 2004. I also had been Road Cycling that long, as well. Aug. 9th, 2020, I walked into the Clinic at my local hospital. I had been feeling absolutely terrible. Within an hour I was being wheeled into the Critical care unit! To make a long story short, I had suffered total kidney failure and had a GI bleed (which required 4 units of blood to restore my blood volume). 3 days in CCU and 7 days in general care. When I left I could barley walk.

Now I go to dialysis 3 days a week. I still have balance issues and some strength loss, but today I played my first 9 hole round since I was hospitalized. Even though it was a short Par 3 course, I amazed myself with a + 2 round!!!! I'm sore and tired, but i feel pretty good. Even if i do say so myself, not bad for a 61 year old.

Glad to be back.

Man. I've been out 3 1/2 months, and am eagerly looking forward to throwing a little, soon. I can't imagine how good it must feel to throw after that ordeal, and all that time.

Thanks everyone! I was a little sore this morning, but it did feel good to get out and stumble around the course. Now the weather is turning bad again, but I'm watching the skies for another round!!!

Man. I've been out 3 1/2 months, and am eagerly looking forward to throwing a little, soon. I can't imagine how good it must feel to throw after that ordeal, and all that time.
When I originally checked into the Hospital, my kidney Dr. said I should have died. I told him, "Congratulations Doc, you just met a stubborn Ozark Hillbilly."

And the life I live now's an extra life
I can waste as I please on whom I please.
So if you see me celebrate two birthdays,
And give myself out of two different ages,
One of them five years younger than I look-...

--Robert Frost