• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Once for all, lets decide the best putting practice!

What's Around the World?

I cannot stress enough the value of a large putting stack of the same putter. If you are still deciding then cool man, heck do what you want 😉, my game got a lot better when I went full on envy crazy. Out of my 10 stock pp plasmas 5 of em putt the same, 3 are very broken in and two are still beefy. I don't feel like listing the difference in the other 20 haha

You're going to think I'm insane but I practice putting the same way I practice throwing: with slow mo in different angles. I record and tweak over and over again.

I fully intend to eventually get 10 of my favorite putter, but first I have to find a favorite. I was up to 7 Judges, but then I started liking other putters more than my Judges. I want all the same, so I can really learn my putter, but not there yet. For now, I am having fun putting, and playing, and I continue to improve. I know I like a heavy weight for my putter, 170g or above, shallow rim, no bead or small bead, pretty straight, reliable flight path, leaves my hand clean, and so far 3/2/0/0 or similar seem to work best for me. Want what everyone wants - a disc that, for me, is accurate hitting the chains, grabs chains and ground decent, and when it misses, doesn't fly far away from target. You know, the miracle putter - lol. I don't think there is one best putter, but I think there are putters better suited to a certain style (I spin putt), exact form, feel good in my smallish hands, etc. So, I am practicing, and searching for "my" putter, at the same time.

What's Around the World?

I cannot stress enough the value of a large putting stack of the same putter. If you are still deciding then cool man, heck do what you want 😉, my game got a lot better when I went full on envy crazy. Out of my 10 stock pp plasmas 5 of em putt the same, 3 are very broken in and two are still beefy. I don't feel like listing the difference in the other 20 haha
Around The World - play the same disc golf putting game as the basketball version. In basketball, it is shooting. Using the key, you start at the mark closest to the basket - pretty much a lay up. If you make it, you move back to the next mark, and shoot again. Then back one more time, then to the free throw line, then work your way back down the other side of the key. If you miss, you either stop your turn, or "risk it", meaning you can try the missed shot again, make it and advance, but if you miss it, you start your next turn back to the beginning. Putting - just mark off 7 spots in a fashion similar to the basketball key, or really can do whatever number and spots to shoot from that the players agree on, and play it just like basketball Around The World. Take turns and see who can get ATW first.

I fully intend to eventually get 10 of my favorite putter, but first I have to find a favorite. I was up to 7 Judges, but then I started liking other putters more than my Judges. I want all the same, so I can really learn my putter, but not there yet. For now, I am having fun putting, and playing, and I continue to improve. I know I like a heavy weight for my putter, 170g or above, shallow rim, no bead or small bead, pretty straight, reliable flight path, leaves my hand clean, and so far 3/2/0/0 or similar seem to work best for me. Want what everyone wants - a disc that, for me, is accurate hitting the chains, grabs chains and ground decent, and when it misses, doesn't fly far away from target. You know, the miracle putter - lol. I don't think there is one best putter, but I think there are putters better suited to a certain style (I spin putt), exact form, feel good in my smallish hands, etc. So, I am practicing, and searching for "my" putter, at the same time.
Played 18 holes with my nephew today. Made some really nice approach shots with my Soft Magnet. Putting - did okay. Lacked focus for a bit early, and it showed, but came around later. I played around with several different putters, but I just felt more comfortable over and over again reaching for Soft Magnet. Hmmmm - current leader in my hunt for a favorite putter.

Latest posts