• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

One course between Wisconsin and Bowling Green

Martin Dewgarita

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
I've played a lot of them already, but I know there's some that have gone in over the last couple years, or some that I've over looked in the past.

I'm looking for that hidden gem. Something fun, not too long, relatively quick play for an early round Wednesday on the way to the Goat Path.

Suggestions?

This may not be the trip for The Canyons or Fairfield near Chicago but should be on your list to play someday. You could play the shorter White layout at Fairfield although playing the Golds might tug at you if you go there.

Although Chuck already mentioned the best choices around Chicago, I will throw in Adler Park because it's a quick in and out from the highway and it's only 9 holes. There are alternate tees marked for Tuesday night leagues, but most of them are difficult to find. This is one of the oldest courses in IL and it used to be 18 holes.

If you haven't played Camp Cullom in Indiana, it's definitely worth a stop. 27 holes (if memory serves me), but not super long. Just a ton of technical golf, up and down some hills/ravines. Very cool stop.

Where are you starting from in WI?

I'd say Zobel or maybe Gray Fox, if you haven't played either of those.

Or, maybe Lemon Lake? White/Blue/Red courses aren't too long. Not really a "hidden gem" though.

Camp Cullom is fun and technical for sure. Play it before the nettles grow in!

So true. My avatar is a tribute to the beating my uncovered legs took there. It was said my legs looked like I had been in a knife fight with a midget.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=8540

Haven't played this one yet, but I hear pretty good things about it.

See, this is what I'm talking about, thank you, I think we might try to hit this one up. See you tomorrow afternoonish, I'll let you know when I have an estimate of when I might arrive.

Thanks everyone else for the suggestions, Chuck's recommendations I will have to definitely check out some day, everything else I have already played - doesn't mean I won't go back again someday, just not for this trip.

Thank you.

Awesome, afternoon works best for me. Busy with farm duties until then. Safe travels brother.

Latest posts