• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

one disc for my girl

I seen some ladies on the course throw an Archangel super straight and farther than anything else they have. Super cheap, super glidey, med-long range with minimal power beginner disc. Have her try one of those. $7 for DX, and $5.50 for X-OUT on GGGT, she probably won't be disappointed!

my girlfriend said she will start playing with my if i dye her a purple disc with silver stars on it. The dyeing is no problem but the disc, i have no clue.

would a light weight ION be a good one? ( if she doesn't like it i will! ) i was thinking a white blank.

I was also thinking mako or a neutral mid of some sort.

It needs to be a premium plastic to dye.

please help so she doesnt feel like my caddy/dog walker any more!

Thanks

In bold. DX discs won't work. :wall:

Screw premium plastic. I'm suggesting the best disc for her to actually enjoy this game we play called disc golf!

My wife has tried a bunch and she likes the 150 Archangel best and a soft Voodoo putter.

I'm assuming the guy that knows her probably has the best idea of what she'll enjoy and he says that involves throwing a dyed disc.

Well if that's the case, I know a guy with a max weight, purple Champ Ape that he may be willing to sell to the OP! ;)

the diamond. Small rim, slightly understable, 140-150 class only, great for women, children, and so on. It was designed for our girls and kids to play with us!

diamond, fuse, stingray, comet, sidewinder, leopard, polaris LS, globra etc...

160ish would probably be best if you have windier areas, no since in giving her a disc that is gonna flip on her every time she throws it regardless of her strength.

i would maybe say esp meteor. i dunno how light they make those though, i've seen them in the 160's.

If your girl is like my wife, throwing with fingernails will be what is the hardest part for her. She gets the most distance with a 150g Stingray. I bought 2 Ultralight 128g DX Leopards for her so she could actually turn a disc over. Giving her your stuff or anything near max weight is a complete waste of time. It's amazing watching our most understable 170's plastic fly like a meathook out of their hands. Really helps put our power level and experience into perspective.

I would Say: 160 Z Xpress great disc and flies straight.

My GF can BH or Fh a Star Destroyer straight as an arrow:p

Best bet offhand that I can think of would be trying to find a lightweight silver GL Fuse to dye as others have said. So far that's been my wife's absolute favorite disc to throw. Maybe give GGGT a call and see if they have one in stock?

A diamond wouldn't be a bad idea, but seeing that I think they only come in opto currently, the dye might be a bit of a pain to pull off.

Another option might even be a lightweight glow buzzz. Starts wouldn't be quite silver I suppose...but would still be pretty cool if she was into the glow thing. Honestly can't say offhand how well glo would even dye though.

I'm liking the silver fuse. Please understand this is a woman who will only play with me with a purple disc with silver stars! She knows what she wants. I am smart enough to not put something bad into her hands, that is the reason for the post. This is almost a year in the making, and I want her to shoot with me, not looking to make her the next JK.

No I'm not scared! I hops she does eventually! I've seen some ladies that can flick some amazing shots. I'm trying to get her to enjoy the course with me. We go a lot and she mostly watches the dogs and helps me find my errant throws.... Wait maybe she shouldn't play with me, I may loose more plastic!

Was also wondering about the silver stars. We have a shat load of paint pens, would a silver pain pen help. I have never heard of someone using this on a disc. Will it affect the flight? It would be easier to find a purple disc and draw the stars on.