• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

One simple way YOU can make this site great...

thats why i always take my camera with me when playing a new course (unless im playing a tourney of course). I try to take good pictures so people can get a feel for the course as well as the review

That's a great service that you perform. I tend to look at the pictures more than read the reviews. Worth a thousand words, etc.

I would also like to make the call to action that when someone posts 8 terrible reviews in a row, thumb them all down.

These people, in addition to contributing useless reviews, knock off thoughtful well composed reviews off the main page far faster than should happen.

Punish them for their insolence and disregard.

spacer.gif

ive noticed the quick, lazy reviews today

ive gotten more thumbs since this thread started (both up/down) but i'm happy that this is causing more review readings, great thread!

I am about to write another, I got bad reviews on my mint hill, which was my most poorly written review, but I am happy with the rest. I have asked people in the past to do something like this, but it turned into people begging for thumbs.

ive gotten more thumbs since this thread started (both up/down) but i'm happy that this is causing more review readings, great thread!

Thanks for helping make it so. I was distantly bothered that the forum doesn't often have threads where we can discuss good vs bad reviews, because somebody ends up getting The :thmbdown:s Of Vengence. 'Review' is in this site's name, dadgummit, and we should focus on that being high quality.

I have also noticed the increased thumbing, and I now have a shiny badge from my recent flurry of reviews. :D Thanks to all who gave thumbs. I'm glad if my review was 'helpful' to you, because they sure were fun to research and write.

But now, I have only courses left to review that I know writing, will give me a hard time.

** girds self for challenge **

You know what really yanks my chain?....

A couple bad bad (did I mention bad?) reviews up. No thought or effort placed into them.

Thanks for helping make it so. I was distantly bothered that the forum doesn't often have threads where we can discuss good vs bad reviews, because somebody ends up getting The :thmbdown:s Of Vengence. 'Review' is in this site's name, dadgummit, and we should focus on that being high quality.

I have also noticed the increased thumbing, and I now have a shiny badge from my recent flurry of reviews. :D Thanks to all who gave thumbs. I'm glad if my review was 'helpful' to you, because they sure were fun to research and write.

But now, I have only courses left to review that I know writing, will give me a hard time.

** girds self for challenge **

congrats debeb. Keep writing quality reviews.:clap:

congrats debeb. Keep writing quality reviews.:clap:

Thanks, BRUSH.

I see you have dealt with very few thumbs as well. I don't think you have had 10 thumbs total for any single review. It's a crime, I say. You have good reviews, too.

I have asked people to do this before, it works for 2 days and everything goes back to normal

Looks like you were right prerube (not that I doubted you, of course). We had a nice increase in thumbing activity three weeks ago, and now my reviews are back to getting one vote total. :(

I've been thumbed recently and in turn I have thumbed about a dozen reviews today as well.

i did notice my reviews received less activity last week while this thread was idle

I just joined last night. I don't see where we can "vote" on if a review is helpful or not.
F

Lorida, make sure you are logged in and under a review there is something that says "was this review helpful? Yes No"

You'll notice that you'll get more thumbs for a review while it is still on the Home Page in the "recent reviews" section... but, after it gets bumped off the Home Page, the number of thumbs it receives will fall off drastically.
DSCJNKY

Latest posts