• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Orange Rit (and orange like rit)

jartiv

Birdie Member
haha, yea theres a green rit thread too...

Anyways, I have been having trouble with orange rit... i realized that I have never used it before... and that in the past I've just done a yellow/red dip. When i tried to use orange rit for the first time, the rit did not want to dissolve... instead the rit bunched up and left little grainy patches on the disc.

I tried Sunshine Orange and Golden Yellow for orange. I also notice that Cocoa Brown does the same.

Thoughts? Solutions?

After I started the green RIT thread I went to ritdye.com and they have a mix chart for custom colors. According to them, orange is 2 Tbsp Gloden Yellow and 1 tsp Scarlet. They also have different shades of orange depending on what you're looking for. Things like burnt orange, coral orange and tiger lily. Hope that helps.

If your getting clumping you might want to try filtering the rit before you use it. Run it through a coffee filter or something. They say that there is a bunch of extra stuff in RIT because it is formulated to dye so many different things. Yellow, Green, and Orange have always behaved weird when I have used them.

I use full packet of Sunrise Orange and mix in a quarterish packet of Scarlett to get close to average Orange. Three quarters Scarlett is enough to achieve reds, so it works out for me.

Not sure if it made any difference... when I first mix rit into water, I'd let it get up to a boil for a few minutes to aid in the dissolving process. It didn't dissolve all the grit, but there has been zero clumping.

i know the standard is the powder rit, but ive found that when working with orange... the liquid orange rit works great...

Camera276-1.jpg

Latest posts