• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ordered from Disc Golf World for first time...

basmith42

Bogey Member
I put my first order from Disc Golf World this past week.
I wouldn't normally have ordered from them because they don't let you pick color but got a gift certificate for christmas.

I've got to say that the discs came in quicker than promised and exactly what I ordered.
I requested darker colors when I placed the order and (guess what) recieved dark colors in 2 of the three discs i ordered. I assume they didn't have dark in the other one I ordered.

They even included a copy of the cc reciept AND a free bumper sticker. So, I'm impressed.

I'll be checking them out next time I place an order and then ordering by price point.

Thanks for the good work!

Sounds good.
I still think disc golf center is the best. pick exact weight and color...........its a no brainer.
plus they ad on this site.
help those who help you.

help those who help you.
I'll just throw this in...Disc Golf World has been in this game for the long haul. Back in the 80's we used to order from Disc Golf World when they had a catalog. Discovering the World is the only online retailer I can think of that has been around longer (although I might be missing one.) I understand your point and everybody should be free to make their own decisions, but I never feel bad about buying from Disc Golf World. Rick and Chappy have both put a lot more into the sport than they or their company will ever see back. So I'll give another plug for Disc Golf World. You get good service, the price is comparable to every place else, and they have been working at this for a long time. It's a good company to deal with.

I'll just throw this in...Disc Golf World has been in this game for the long haul. Back in the 80's we used to order from Disc Golf World when they had a catalog. Discovering the World is the only online retailer I can think of that has been around longer (although I might be missing one.) I understand your point and everybody should be free to make their own decisions, but I never feel bad about buying from Disc Golf World. Rick and Chappy have both put a lot more into the sport than they or their company will ever see back. So I'll give another plug for Disc Golf World. You get good service, the price is comparable to every place else, and they have been working at this for a long time. It's a good company to deal with.

Man, I didn't know that about Disc Golf World. That's pretty cool, they have been around that long. Kudos to any person or company who who has been around disc golf for the long haul. After all, the reason that most of us have even heard of disc golf are because of guys like that. I wish them success in the future.

I think I know what arrdee33 is trying to say. Fortunately, each of us have the freedom to choose where we spend our money. We should all be thankful for that and the fact that we even have the extra money laying around to buy disc golf stuff these days. I'll by products from friends or somewhere that I know the fruits of my purchase go towards a good cause. Other times I look for what seems to fit my needs best.

Admittedly I did not spend a lot of time on Disc Golf World's site. I did give it a good fly over though. While it had some good info, in terms of strictly buying discs I have to agree with arrdee33. I think there are a lot of better things about Disc Golf Center. arrdee33 covered some of them and other forums on this site have highlighted others.

With all that said, there is no perfect store for anything. In terms of disc golf, I think picking your exact weight and color should be the at very least an industry standard. I also think you should be able to see images of tie dyed and special discs. I have yet to find an online retailer with that luxury. I made my first order from a online retailer and ended up with a pink disc. No huge deal but if I were at a walk up retailer I would never buy a pink disc. Nothing wrong with a pink disc its just not my first choice. I know it may be weird but I won't buy from them again. I feel like they dumped a pink disc off on me.

Sorry, I know I am rambling on. I just felt like throwing this out. Without starting a new thread. What are some things that any and all online retailers should do to earn our business? As for me, I love free shipping and like cheap freebies thrown in my package...

Thanks for the post. I've been leary about ordering online because I haven't talked to many people that have. I also like to feel a disc before I buy it.

Thanks for the info, i had no idea.
i hope you didn't think i was dogging Disc Golf World, that was certainly not the case. :eek:
I was just throwing my 2 cents in about where to buy discs.

Oh, no. It's not a big deal.

Really, back in the day it was IMPOSSIBLE to buy discs. There were none-zero-zilch-nada stores that carried discs. Really the only time you saw a selection of discs was in a dudes trunk at a course, and then it was whatever 20 or so discs he had. A group of us used to get together in the spring and make a big order from Disc Golf World or Discovering the World, since you got a better price the more you ordered and you saved on shipping. That was really the only time you could get the discs you wanted at the weight you wanted (color was another matter, although they tried to keep you happy.) Later in the summer we would have to order again. There was no Internet, no online sites to order from. It was really a lot different than it is now. It's really a wonder any of those companies stayed in business considering how hard it was to find their products.

Anyway, Disc Golf World and Discovering the World are two places that are still around after all this time. Disc Golf World even has a store now (it used to be run out of Ricks house.) I just thought I'd mention it, as those are two sites I don't hear much about anymore.

Oh, no. It's not a big deal.

Really, back in the day it was IMPOSSIBLE to buy discs. There were none-zero-zilch-nada stores that carried discs. Really the only time you saw a selection of discs was in a dudes trunk at a course, and then it was whatever 20 or so discs he had. A group of us used to get together in the spring and make a big order from Disc Golf World or Discovering the World, since you got a better price the more you ordered and you saved on shipping. That was really the only time you could get the discs you wanted at the weight you wanted (color was another matter, although they tried to keep you happy.) Later in the summer we would have to order again. There was no Internet, no online sites to order from. It was really a lot different than it is now. It's really a wonder any of those companies stayed in business considering how hard it was to find their products.

Anyway, Disc Golf World and Discovering the World are two places that are still around after all this time. Disc Golf World even has a store now (it used to be run out of Ricks house.) I just thought I'd mention it, as those are two sites I don't hear much about anymore.

Wright Life is another original "Frisbee" store. Back in the early 80's, we were lucky enough to have discs for sale across the street from Calvert at the swimming pool/rec center. There was limited choice, plus, there weren't as many golf discs back then either.

I think the internet is one of the main reason, if not the main reason for the growth of disc golf.

disc golf world and the wright life are both great stores run by great people.

i started playing golf in KC, MO and would often seek the guidance of Rick for golf tips and disc selection. i spent my college years in fort collins and played lots of ultimate with holly wright and got lots of plastic and gear there over the years.

2 thumbs up.

Latest posts