• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Our Edited 4k footage of the 2015 Mad City Open is up. Locastro, McCray, Hokum

Viridisk

Hey everyone! Many of you saw our live coverage from a few weeks ago, just wanted to let you know we didn't stop there. Since this was such an amazing round we wanted to give you the full monte.

Here is the edited version from the viewpoint of the other two cameras we had there!

New format is to mimic more mainstream broadcasted sports. Sit back with a beer and some chips and enjoy! YouTube is still processing the 4k so at the moment only 1080p and down is available.

Give us Feedback and Thanks for watching!

A bit too much panning, movement, etc, for my old eyes. lol.. Had to look away during the heavy movement of the camera, came back for the approach and putts. ;)

I gave up after watching three minutes of cheesy flame effects and taxi cabs.

I couldn't watch much of it as well. Terrible angle/panning/zooming of the tee shots from the 1st camera. The "replays" while nice to have a second camera angle could have been edited into the first shot to show the finish. The replays were painfully long.

they did that after a while... at first it started that way and it was a bit too long

While I appreciate all the footage that's out there now, some of it is really not very watchable or tediously boring. Replays are nice, but do we really need replays of everyone's hyzer bomb? And the zooming in and out is wearing on the eyes.

I'm not sure exactly sure what it is with this one but I couldn't finish it. Tried twice, once this AM and again tonight, it's just drudgery, could have used some more editing between shots. Went and watched the semi's of the masters and that was fine, totally enjoyed it.

Thanks for the video, good resolution. Good tourney coverage :thmbup:

6 person card is too many in my opinion. What was the reasoning? (Potentially 18 shots a hole, not counting replays! Yikes)

Also a little constructive feedback. The replays were too time consuming. A replay should be of a good/great shot, not just for the sake of another angle a second time, if that's the case then mix the 2 shot angles into one drive like mentioned above.

Also Hokum takes allot of time on every throw. This could also be edited down, no one needs to see her wipe her disc down with the towel on every single shot...

Good job guys, keep doing what your doing! ;)

I gave up after watching three minutes of cheesy flame effects and taxi cabs.

Sorry the flames didn't appeal, but the cabs provided a lot of money to the tournament to make it one of the best we've had the honor of filming and gave a cool unique twist to the tournament. However it is all skippable, so if you're down to watch some great players battle it out give us another chance and maybe give us some feedback on what you did or did not like about our coverage? Thanks!

:thmbup:

Yup! Just read all of them and responded to most of them. The feedback has been awesome guys, thanks a lot and it seems to resonate with everyone here...less replays more over the shoulder shots and faster cuts.

We were testing out this newer extended format to more closely match broadcast sports. But we were wrong about it. We apologize and this will be rectified in future coverage.

Thanks again for watching guys!

And thanks for taking the time to make a video.

Call it growing pains. Sometimes new ideas work, sometimes they don't, but you never know until its tried.

We were testing out this newer extended format to more closely match broadcast sports. But we were wrong about it. We apologize and this will be rectified in future coverage.

Thanks again for watching guys!

Extended is fine. Just get those camera angles down, less PANNING (horizontal movement). Zooming is fine when done slowly, but the horizontal movement can be very nauseating. Try to keep player and basket in frame on approach if possible. Keep it going, thanks for the coverage.

Cheers to you guys about taking the feedback so well. It is not always easy to do (a negative comment would crush me for days when I started). :)