• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Out of the box, what flies like a slightly beat in Destroyer?

Gonna have to beat the wraith in also.

Right now I'm bagging a star Destroyer, two star wraiths, a pro Destroyer. The wraiths with Destroyers on the ends makes a nice spectrum for me. FWIW I'm throwing 400 and do love beat Destroyers but I always loose them. Its soooooo much easier buying a beat up wraith than a beat up destroyer.

I would start a fresh Destroyer in star and pro and look to buy a used wraith or two in star plastic.

DGA Hurricane is a good choice. Feels almost exactly like a Destroyer in the hand as well.

I've actually been trying out a bunch of Hurricanes recently and they're just a little too OS for what I'm looking for. They're also pretty inconsistent as far as I can tell and it would be great to go out and buy a disc and know what it will fly like. I do like them, just not as a go-to.

I've actually been trying out a bunch of Hurricanes recently and they're just a little too OS for what I'm looking for. They're also pretty inconsistent as far as I can tell and it would be great to go out and buy a disc and know what it will fly like. I do like them, just not as a go-to.

Yup. Im trying to get away from these. The earliest runs are the bombers. Everything since the stamp/plastic change a while back has been beefy and dumpy.

The Zeus wasnt the disc im looking for either. Have a couple beat to hell Forces im using for the "destroyer" slot right now.

If you want to go up a speed. The Axiom Mayhem are great in proton out the box. Controllable turn. For tight long courses i have to leave them alone tho.

Yup. Im trying to get away from these. The earliest runs are the bombers. Everything since the stamp/plastic change a while back has been beefy and dumpy.

The Zeus wasnt the disc im looking for either. Have a couple beat to hell Forces im using for the "destroyer" slot right now.

If you want to go up a speed. The Axiom Mayhem are great in proton out the box. Controllable turn. For tight long courses i have to leave them alone tho.

We might be the same person, though I love the way Zeuses fly. I'm just not paying 20 for a disc because there's no production run for it. I tried a Mayhem today and bombed it and picked one up in neutron.

We might be the same person, though I love the way Zeuses fly. I'm just not paying $20 for a disc because there's no production run for it. I tried a Mayhem today and bombed it and picked one up in neutron.

Zeus that is production run, $20 disc is the price for the production run. This thought makes me :sick: for what is to come, player designed discs that are $30+ for production run and maybe even from companies that do not have much if any discs out to the public already and cheat using player designed discs mostly, at worst only.

Just disc down to a Wraith. Same flight path, just doesn't take as much power to get there.

We might be the same person, though I love the way Zeuses fly. I'm just not paying 20 for a disc because there's no production run for it. I tried a Mayhem today and bombed it and picked one up in neutron.

The N Mayhem can be a little beefy at times. The Proton Mayhem with average dome are my fave. (Flat proton are super flippy).

The Plasma Mayhem were dumpy and OS. Not a fan.

These are the farthest drivers i have ever thrown. I have 400ft of power and these help me hit that the most effortlessly.

Last edited:
The Zeus isn't what I'd call a "beat in" Destroyer either. My Zeus is pretty beefy, and it takes all the arm I have to make it go 400'+. It isn't a bad disc, but there are way better options in the "beat Destroyer" category.

Mayhem isn't a bad option, but they aren't super consistent. I've seen really flippy Mayhems, and super beefy ones. I'd equate the Mayhem to a Sheriff. They can be really long, glidey, and somewhat flippy. IMO they aren't much like Destroyers.

Zeus that is production run, $20 disc is the price for the production run. This thought makes me :sick: for what is to come, player designed discs that are $30+ for production run and maybe even from companies that do not have much if any discs out to the public already and cheat using player designed discs mostly, at worst only.

If you can charge 10$ more for a disc and it still sells out....why wouldnt you do that? If you owned the company, you would.

The market will tell DG companies when to back off the pricing. We are def at the 25$ mark right now(for tour series) and they have no problem moving plastic.

I totally agree. I'm really happy that Discraft is getting recognition now. I feel like over the years, they haven't had as many really strong pros on their team, but it's getting a little ridiculous now with all of the limited runs and tour series and stuff. I don't have a problem supporting pros, but when you make a mold that's only a tour series, it's hard to justify. Make a stock run and a PM run and let your customers choose. Rant over lol

If you can charge 10$ more for a disc and it still sells out....why wouldnt you do that? If you owned the company, you would.

The market will tell DG companies when to back off the pricing. We are def at the 25$ mark right now(for tour series) and they have no problem moving plastic.

I agree $25 for tour series and the like, those people are trying to make money off the disc plastic for a living or in some cases just the tour money (off season they work a job) at the sport. The discs that are production run it seems a bit odd in this case to price the Zeus at $20 when the rest of the discs in the PB lineup are that are same price $20 are in production more or easier to find then the Zeus.

I think eventualy $30-$40 is going to be max for discs. I do not see $45+ as a price for a disc out of the gate new unless there is some reason for the disc price like the extreme limited availability.

Well the new straight wing Cloud Breaker 2 are exactly what you are trying to find. Find one with a Straight wing and low PLH and they will bomb. They have tons of glide and moderate stability.

A lower PLH destroyer of course. Destroyers come in all flavors, they are wildly inconsistent

yep I would also say the dome to flat top or what is almost a TeeDevil top for the mold. That is a US Destroyer most of the time, that was how my 167 gram early 2015 Champion is, however the 170 gram Champion from 2014 is normal dome and too OS due to the dome and flies more like the Tee Rex or Xcaliber type flight.