• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Overrated Plastic

Yes! you win Juke.
1st prize is that you get to give all your stuff to needy children!

What a lucky guy. :|

What if I'm a needy children?

Does it all just work itself out, then?

No need to bring the IRS into the matter? :|

this is what bothers me

I'm poor
I enjoy disc golf because it is relatively inexpensive
Now the rich are hoarding the better plastic
I spend more than I can afford to try to keep up
this ensures my poverty
the cycle ensues
and I end up poorer and the rich get richer

I need a disc with a commie star on it

Next disc I find, I'll sell to you for $100. Here's why it's worth it.

I've only ever found 1 disc, so discs found by me are super rare.
You'd have to be rich to financially justify buying a DX Valk, 100% of my found discs were DX Valk, so if you buy it, you'll be rich.
Once you're rich, you'll be able to buy more pricey plastic.
Once you buy more pricey plastic, you'll no longer have to spend money to keep up, thus enabling you to save money and become even more wealthy.

Really, you can't afford not to buy this disc.

Anything over $20 is over-priced IMO, which is the most I've ever paid for a disc. It was a limited run Z-Drone, which I don't even use any more.

this is what bothers me

I'm poor
I enjoy disc golf because it is relatively inexpensive
this ensures my poverty
the cycle ensues
and I end up poorer and the rich get richer

I need a disc with a commie star on it

Serious post is serious:

Maybe the problem isn't expensive plastic, maybe the problem is you feeling as though you need "to try to keep up."

Food for thought. ;)

When I golfed I would usually spend 40-70 bucks on green fee's just to be able to go play one round of 18. Since the majority of courses are free and disc golf is such an affordable game to play that leaves some room for those who can afford it to buy high end equipment. As long as the person is happy with their purchase then why does it really matter how much they paid for it? I just don't see why is this sport so critical on what other people choose to use.

it's not the sport...it's the peeps on this site

too many opinions IMO :p

basically...I think some of the buying and prices people pay are a bit absurd...especially in this economic climate

that said there some discs I might pay more for BUT within reason

8-10% unemployment also means 90-92% employment

so saying "in this economic climate" is a bit absurd

the 90-92% who can buy things really ought to b/c that helps employers to believe that they should employ more folks to help keep up with a rise in demand (or at least to not lay off / fire current employees)

srsly ppl, this is a capitalist society... supply and demand are market forces... this is a reality... and CE discs cost a bunch of $$... so too does a lot of other stuff

so, ummm, I like you opti but quit yo bitchin' already

i really hope you are kidding.

the expensive OOP plastic does not help you post lower scores or put the disc in the basket. field practice and buying a basket will do more for your game than any silly piece of plastic. learn how to keep it on the fairway and putt well inside 30' and you will beat a lot of people. you can do that with just about any kind of plastic if you put in the time to get to know it.

next time you want to buy a disc, resist the urge and buy 'golf is not a game of perfect' by dr. bob rotella. you can pick up a used copy on amazon for the cost of a baseline plastic disc (or less). shooting well is about embracing your mistakes and making the most of the challenges presented to you on the course, and playing the round one shot at a time. learn how to do that and you will beat most of the chumps who carry around $500 worth of plastic in their bag.

Last edited:
I am not bitching

I made a tongue in cheek post about commie plastic lol

I started the thread because some of the things people crave are more about hype than quality
to each their own I suppose

i like the commie dye thing...

just sayin' about the bitchin' is all...

here's the thing... even if the pricey plastic did come down to reg prices then it's very doubtful that you'd ever be able to get any of it... simply b/c it would all fly off the shelves (so to speak) faster than you could blink

...and then you'd nvr see it again ever

it really comes down to market economics... supply and demand

simple principle...
demand goes up and supply goes down then the price goes up
demand goes down and supply goes up then the price goes down
etc

OOP, CE, special runs, etc are very limited so the prices go up

I know that some of these guys supplement their incomes off of this
the guy who runs Sandy Point DG resort for instance does this
he has a pro shop, the Wisconsin hall of fame and a DG resort
he also sells the choicer stuff he gets his hands on at ebay... where he sometimes makes a killing

this is all normal and good stuff mah man

so save up if you really must have a certain disc
or
live without

that's all there is
:)

Jukeshoe: <---Lives without and snickers at suckas overpaying for plastic. :|

;)

actually we have sold plastic on E bay to fund our disc golf course here....its raised close to 700 so I'm not complaining but I do think some of it is madness

If selling plastic on Ebay makes money for your local course, that is great. Economic rules of supply and demand apply to anything; however, discs are only worth what somebody will pay for it. It doesnt really matter how much someone else paid for the same piece of plastic, all that matter is what YOU can get for it or pay for it. If people can afford the plastic, then so be it. Who knows it may be funding your local course. :thmbup:

It isnt overpaying if there is an equal or greater value behind what you are paying for. If I buy a regular 12x champ teebird for 15 bucks then I am not overpaying because it is worth 15 bucks. If I pay $125 for a new 02 CE roc then I am not overpaying because it is worth $125. Just because you choose not to buy a $125 disc does not mean that those who do are overpaying for it. Now I am not saying it is impossible to overpay for a disc. If you buy an 02 CE roc for $500 then obviously you are overpaying because you are paying more than the market values the item, but if you buy a disc at market value (regardless of how high or low that value is) then you are not overpaying.

Jukeshoe: <---Lives without and snickers at suckas overpaying for plastic. :|

;)

And lives in the sexiest woman thread b/c half of all pictures posted there are girls with sandwiches. Not complaining though. ;)

Also, I would love to see what would happen to prices of collectables if everybody on this site sold all of their rare shiz and stopped buying. CE Teebirds would cost as much as a used DX Polecat.

Latest posts