• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Overstable Driver

thanks for all of the replies. i am looking at an ape. i want a higher speed driver that i can throw flat into a 20 mph headwind and then it holds straight and then hyzers. i have thrown the world into a 20 mph headwind it turned over and went into the ground. :(

thanks for all of the replies. i am looking at an ape. i want a higher speed driver that i can throw flat into a 20 mph headwind and then it holds straight and then hyzers. i have thrown the world into a 20 mph headwind it turned over and went into the ground. :(

That villain didn't work?

I use a star XCal for headwind max distance. I can rip it full power and flat into 10-15mph winds with total confidence. The Prodigy D1 is a good disc, but it has flipped on me in lesser winds (it has just a hair of turn at high speed).

I have seen a few friends throwing the Stiletto and have one on order myself. It is beefier than the XCal from what I have seen, but that takes it to more of a strictly utility disc. XCal can be used for a lot of different shots. XCal also doesn't have the wide rim, so it is very comfortable to throw FH or BH.

That villain didn't work?

The villian is a great disc but when i throw it i throw it flat then it will fly striaht then hyzer. the hyzer is not that big. also the glide is not that good. it has decodye nikko dead skelaton print on it. its in the bag but have not thrown into a head wind. :doh:

The most reliable overstable driver that I have used is a Z Force. It never turns over, but it also doesn't have an early, dumpy fade. It glides well and fades predictably, which is why I like it. However, I should also note that my Force has seen some use, so your results may differ.