• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

overstable fairway driver?

Bashee for really over stable.
Eagle-x for over stable with fade.
TB for stable.

For the distances you mentioned I would recommend a Champ or Star Eagle X or a Champ Banshee.
The Discmania S-PD is another good choice but probably isn't a true fairway driver. It will make more demands of your technique/form/power than a Banshee will.

Star Eagle is probably going to be the best fit for your description. It will handle a headwind and it is still very workable and controllable. When they are new they can be a little piggy but they get better as they age.

I threw XLs for a while (they would generally flip and S back to straight-ish) and I wanted something more stable, meaning straight with predictable fade. I found these to be great:
(less stable at top)

Stalker
Eagle L
Eagle X
Teebird

yea im on the banshee/EXP1 bandwagon...ive messed around with overstable driver after overstable driver and keep going back to them. if speed is not a concern i would also highly recommend a drone you can do some beautiful things with one

I tried a Champ Banshee was underwhelmed. Not as stable as I wanted, and it felt cheap in my hand. Maybe I got a bad one, but I switched to an Opto Trident and have never looked back.

Pred. if you call it a fairway driver. Its a bit faster than what I typically would but given the use for them in headwinds and generally OS stuff seems to fly shorter than their understable counter parts, I think it's fair.

For a very overstable fairway driver I love my Reaper. It is OOP though. I also use my Reaper as an overstable mid or approach disc.

For just a good overstable fairway driver I have been usually the Striker in Gold plastic lately and I really like its consistency. I highly recommend it.

Even though its not a fairway driver I have been using my pain for that slot and it seems to be working well for me.

Latest posts