• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Oxbow indiana

yep, used to be right of #2. It was torn down a couple, three years ago. That property is now part of the park, but not the disc course. BTW, park is now $4 per car to enter.

That's awesome they are charging. They always kept up on the mowing and I think ppl took that for granted. Great courses.

Anyways, oxbow, was a fun course with some tight lines. Sorry to hear it's gone for you guys. I expect a redesign when the big issue is resolved. I think they made a decent amount on the dg

By "we" are you referring to a local club?

I would've thought the park itself would keep that up...?

Sorry E, wasn't trying to be a douche. Park used to mow the "crop circles"...now that we mow, fairways are wider, less disc searching.

Ok thx for the insight. Lived there 3 years ago and only played with the crop circles. Thx for the work you guys do

Less ticks, too! *twitches nervously*

Bummer about Ox Bow. That was where I discovered disc golf back in about 1988. Didn't actually start playing until 2010, but that was my first basket. I always made it a point to play there when I visited. Now the closest Goshen has is the Millersburg disaster, or a drive out to Baugo? That's sad. Hopefully it gets back up to snuff out at the Bow. There aren't enough courses in Indiana period, let alone fun ones.

Didn't realize you were from Indiana, b-mart!

Baugo's a fun enough course, but you're right...this area of Indiana has copious land and some good terrain yet seems lacking in both quality and quantity of good dg courses (some obvious exceptions come to mind, but for the most part I believe this to be true).

i haven't played oxbow since around 96, but when we had "trouble" finding the park entrance we would just park at the school next door and walk through the opened gate in the fence and it was a short walk to hole 18 i think. i'm sure that school parking is out of the question now.

This was a tough course. I hope the removed trees do not take too much away from the overall play of the course. The course had it all! Nice that they are not charging to play. Will they still charge for park entry?

Good catch, dND!

That's cool that they're dedicated to bringing it back, regardless of the new shape it might take.

They simply could've pulled the baskets and closed the course for good.

Also, nice PR touch by Parks & Rec with nixing the p-2-p.

This thread, and the attached Elkhart Truth article, both said course only had 12/13 baskets and was in rough shape. Latest reviewer complained course wasn't complete and was in bad shape. Reviewer said he thought the course was open and free. Wow!

It's a shame we can't protect courses from bad reviews when the course has obvious course construction or natural disaster type situations. It's like playing the course in the winter and complaining there is no grass, just snow.

Latest posts