• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ozark Mountain: Final Ascent

Yeah, I know Joe said he'd be there. Pretty sure Will said he'd be there too.

Your first time? 2 of my favorite courses. You'll have a blast. If you survive mwahahaha

I only got to play those courses once while I was living in the midwest, but they're some of my favorite designs and that land is just about perfect for disc golf. Hopefully the new owners decide that disc golf is a part of their vision for the property.

I only got to play those courses once while I was living in the midwest, but they're some of my favorite designs and that land is just about perfect for disc golf. Hopefully the new owners decide that disc golf is a part of their vision for the property.

First time I was there someone told me you were too. Don't think we met, though.

I'll be there... first time on these legendary courses. Several others from Jeff City and Rolla too.

You know a lot of people from Jefferson City? I think I might have a Teebird I found on Spencer-Davis last year that I failed to return to the owner. We exchanged some texts but never really followed up on anything and I still have it. edit-looks like the guy's name is Mark Ehlert.

Mark's a Columbia guy. Scotty or myself could get it back to him, but there will probably be other people from columbia that see him more frequently. (if he's not there himself)

i'm going, leaving Texas this afternoon!

can't wait to play these courses. after missing out on Circle R, i promised myself i'd never miss a chance to play courses like these.

First one I'll miss in a couple years. I usually travel with notroman's crew, but I am closing on a house tomorrow so I won't be able to attend.

Love the courses there, if you haven't played these courses yet, add them to your wish list, and hope they remain open with the new owner. They are amazing.

I hope everyone enjoys themselves and stays warm!

Anyone local want to recommend a nice restaurant for a steak dinner Saturday night?
I'm talking good surf and turf, not chains like Outback or Longhorn

Matt's Steakhouse. It's off of I-44. If you want more of a drive Sybill's in St. James is really good as well.

I've heard most of the people from StL will be camping
I'm wussing out & getting a hotel in Rolla

last year when I camped out, right before falling asleep I checked my phone and it was 30 degrees.
If you're prepared it's really not that bad.
Trying to squeeze a poop out in the woods is more of an issue IMO, lol

Ha haven't really thought about that yet. That reminds me of a buddy who took a poop in the middle of a tourney round; just used half his towel lol.

Good to hear that the cold won't be too bad.

Do make sure you're ready for it, playing in 30 degrees and sitting around outside at that temperature are two very different things. All I need is jeans and a couple layers on top to stay warm when I'm moving around, but when it's that temperature sitting around camp it takes more layers to stay comfortable. Also, if you don't have a sleeping bag rated for that temperature, make sure to bring extra padding for underneath you and an extra blanket or two for on top, it sucks getting up to play disc golf when you were too cold to sleep all night.

Latest posts