• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ozark Mountain: Final Ascent

Hotel = bed, warmth, toilet, shower & hot breakfast
Not that I'll play any better, but it can't hurt...

Better to be able to take off layers than to not have enough to put on. Enjoy, the one tournament I played there is probably my favorite tourney experience. :)

The majority of the GDS crew is already down there, or will be tomorrow, putting the final touches on the courses. The full color print shirts and glow discs (player's pack) are already down there. The trophy discs arrive tomorrow. The glow round will be taking place on Saturday night. Because of the low temps, it will be shortened to 9 holes...talk to Danny for the specifics.

BTW, camping is only allowed in the lower camping zones this time around. The road situation has been taken care of 100%, so everybody should make it down there no problem...just make sure to bring some extra blankets and hand warmers!

Even on the old crappy road my 12 year old Toyota Camry made it down to the lower area just fine, and I did it in the dark. :p

ScottyLove: "I think I{'ll leave the pop-up camper at home and just tent it... sounds like it might be tough to get the camper in the right area."

From what I gather, the new owner widened the road so cars can pass and re-graded it. His intent was so that RVs could make it down to the bottom. I think you should probably be OK. I have not seen it yet though. RVs/Pop-Ups made it down the road in the ole' days too...you just had to have a pretty large set.

Did you guys get good weather this year?

Exceptional weather... Saturday afternoon round was short sleeves and many in shorts, although I don't recommend that because of the rough. Sunday started out chilly as usually, but warmed up nicely. Definitely some of the most fun and scenic disc golf I've ever played.

Looks like the new owner was impressed with the turnout and we might get to keep these beauties in tact.

Latest posts