• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] P-line P2 be KC Pro?

Jbultman

Birdie Member
Ok so I may be an idiot or just realized something.. help me out here!! I love me my D-Line P2s AND KC-Pro Aviars. I like the glide and the non-bead on the P2 but I love the KC-Pro plastic.
Is the P-Line P2 made of KC-Pro plastic? Is it similar? Do they make a KC-Line/K-line? Isn't the P-line P2 shallower than the D-Line?
Thanks

Normal runs of P-line are very similar to runs of KC pro. Pretty similar/identical. Some early run Pro Line P2's were actually marked K-P2.

There isn't much difference in rim depth between the two plastics. When new the P-line can feel a little deeper. I think this is because the flight plate of the P line isn't as pliable as the D-line, but once broken they feel similar depths.

Also they recently released "soft" p-line p2's. They are all marked soft. Definitely not the same as KC or P-line. Just an FYI to make sure you're getting normal p line if you're looking for Kc pro.

Before the Stiff/Soft schism, P-Line was basically just Pro plastic, allowing the typical room for run variations. After that, I'm not certain, but my money is on Stiff = Contemporary KC.

s line = Star
c line = Champion
g line = G-star
d line = DX
x line = XT
p-line = pro

yes p line (specifically stiff p line) p2 are like mc pro avairs and stiffer than d line/dx.

there are various years/runs of p lines that are stiffer than others just like kc pro aviars stiffness/slickness can vary (hell at one time three years ago p line p2 were marked K-P2 and were made of that rock hard slick kc pro aviar plastic of the same rock hard kc aviar runs).

discmania even had soft p line which is equivalent to r pro.