• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PA and NJ

JRoc118

Hey guys. My fiancé and I are currently in the process of relocating to New Jersey from Tennessee for me to finish school. Ill be attending optometry school in Elkins Park, PA and we will be living in Moorestown, NJ. I am hoping somebody from the area could maybe recommend a few courses for me to try. Also, is there any disc golf clubs in the area where I could meet new playing partners. Thanks

In jersey there is stafford woods, and Vineland, in Pa sedgley woods is close and then every other good course is between 45 minutes to 1:30 away.

New Jersey doesn't have a lot to choose from but I've heard a lot of good things about courses in Eastern PA. You might have to drive a bit.

I did play a round at South Vineland Park. Its a pretty good course, good challenges, mostly wooded. Definitely worth a look.

Rutgers University in New Brunswick has a course, and while it isn't the best course, the Disc Devils are some of the nicest disc golfers around. Weekly doubles on Tuesday evenings and I think something happening weekly each weekend now, too. The Jersey Jam is the last weekend in July, and is a fun tournament. http://www.discdevils.com

Being in Moorestown, your closest course is going to be Stafford Woods. It is a awesome nine-holer that is expanding to an 18 hole course sometime soon. There is also a new 18 hole course going in the ground close by at New Brooklyn Park in Sicklerville. If you shoot across the bridge, you can play Sedgley Woods in Philly(one of my favorites). It is one of the oldest disc golf courses in the country. With them and the Vineland courses, the southeastern PA courses(Tyler, Nock, Tinicum, Sellersville etc.) and the Delaware courses(Iron Hill, Carousel, Brandywine etc.) all within an hour of you, there will be plenty of places for you to play. If you want, PM me when you move up here, and I'll show you around.

At Stafford we play on Wednesday -I think it starts at 5:30 pm. Sunday morning there is the Breakfast Club that starts at 9:30 am. Cost is free or $5 what ever your comfortable with. Strokes are spotted according to your ability. If 8 or more show up we play doubles. Hope to see you out there!

Thanks for the input. I should be up there by August 1st, ill pm you guys when I get settled in.

Sedgley (27 wooded holes) can be very busy on the weekends. League play is on Thurs afternoons, Sat's at 12p and Sun's at 11a. Pro/Am's are run every last weekend of the month, checkout the schedule at www.sedgleywoods.com.

Stafford isn't far from Moorestown, it a great 9 hole course. I'm usually there on Weds after work.

Tyler St Pk is 27 holes with terrific variety, that course gets better each time I go play it.