• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Pa1 and Pa4, flight discussion.

UnitedPuppySlayer

* Ace Member *
Picked up a Pa1 and 4 today from Cale's shop and had a chance to throw them a little. With it being the first nice day of the year (first week straight without any snow on the ground, or 5+ inches falling from the sky.) the courses and fields were crowded with people so I only got to throw them so much. I'll be able to throw them a lot more tomorrow on some private land, but here's what I've got so far.

The feel of the discs are pretty nice, especially if you like to throw MVPs putters. The inner rim is curved slightly which made me immediately think of the Ion and Anode. It's not nearly as curved as MVPs, but they don't have that hard corner on the inside that I absolutely hate when throwing putters full strength. The plastic is still the same as the drivers and whatnot (400 series), though I have felt another blend that Cale got in that is much more of a chalky feel to it. Ok, now on to the flights!

The Pa1 is a pretty cool disc, a pretty good amount of glide for the first 80% of the flight, then decides to get fairly stable fairly quick. We didn't really have much for winds today, so I can't really say how well they do in different kinds of winds, but I don't think it'll have much trouble in them from what I saw. At this moment I'd rate it around a 2.5/4/0/2.5 I'll get a better feel for it tomrom tho.

As for the Pa4, I'm digging this disc. A touch of turn to the flight so you can pop it up from a slight hyzer and let it riiiiiiiiiiide. This thing has quite a bit of glide to it. I was able to get all sorts of lines out of it by just adjusting the hyzer angle on it. So controllable it's kinda scary. One of my favorite things about this disc is that it's still somewhat stable at the end of its flight. There were a few shots today that I thought I let it hang out 20 feet too far right and it came back beautifully to a few nice ~10ft putts. I'd rate this thing around 2.5/5/-1.5/2

I'll have a couple comparable discs being thrown next to these tomorrow as well.

Pictures up shortly.

Would you say the pa1 stability is close to a champ rhyno with more glide? I can throw my rhyno on a anny with some good power on it and itll flex out.

If the pa1 is decently stable,i may bite. I love the grippy plastic

Would you say the pa1 stability is close to a champ rhyno with more glide? I can throw my rhyno on a anny with some good power on it and itll flex out.

If the pa1 is decently stable,i may bite. I love the grippy plastic

I haven't thrown the Champ Rhyno much, but I have a friend that has one that I will be playing with tomorrow and will definitely be test the two against each other!

Pa4 vs Pa1

null_zpsc9562c42.jpg

I'll get a better pic up in a bit.

Interested to see what your thoughts on the PA-4 are after a full round or two.

Planning on picking one up at Glide on Tuesday. :thmbup:

The Pa4 is one of the best, most versatile driving putters I've thrown. Aside from a really strong heady, this thing has been able to do everything for me. Definitely a disc worth trying out!

From what I've heard, everyone on Prodigy is putting the Wiz, so I would be surprised if they didn't have a clone. I've yet to used these as a putter tho. I'm going to assume they put like everythign else that's out there within the circle...

pa1 = more glidey rhyno
pa4 = magic.

both are very good, working with a baseline now for my putting, goodbye magics. it was a good run.

I just picked up both, and I was pleasantly surprised. In the plastic blend that they are currently out in, it's an easy assumption that they are meant for driving and approaches.

PA-1: This is a very exciting disc for me. I love throwing hard (about all I can do) and this thing really goes. It is a stable stable putter. Trusty and reliable with a comfortable feel. If you need something stable and haven't given these guys a chance, this might be the disc to try. Along with the M4, I would say this is their best mold.

PA-4: I will just echo what others said. It is essentially a magic. It will flip up a little when thrown hard and just glide straight for a good ways. I think, in base plastic, it will easily be one of my most used discs.

Just bought a crystal clear Pa1 Proto stamped at my local PIA. Couldn't resist the feel, had no idea what it was supposed to fly like. Going to get a good trial run tonight at Horizons Park for sure though.

I love the Pa4, at least so far. I did not have to alter my putting stance or technique when I started putting with it and it started finding the chains far better than any other putter I have tried before. I am not saying that the Pa4 is a magic bullet kind of disc, but it is the one that is perfect for me.

If it is a clone or copy of the Magic, that makes me intrigued about that disc. That is one of the few putters that I have NOT tried yet. However, I really like the feel of the Prodigy disc; seems like incredible durability but the tackiness and flexibility you would find in putters that would gouge easy.