• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pain in the Thumber

"release, snap your wrist down and turn the palm of your hand down & outward, away from your body, to help the disc fly straight up and down longer before turning"

release it straight up and down for maximum distance. the more "sidearmed" you throw it, the shorter it will end up. could work for some holes, but not max distance.

if your a right handed thrower the top of the disc faces to the right. if you, so called "sidearmed" it, then ya the disc is upside down, but i wouldn't recommend that.

I've never heard of the "pistol grip." What you do is make a fist with your throwing hand and put the disc in there with only your thumb on the inside rim.

Yeah that is pretty much it. My thumb is on the inside rim and my index finger curls around the edge of the disc kinda like it was a trigger.

I've had mine be sore after practicing with my mids in a field. I throw most of my mids with my middle finger on the wing and not on the rim like my driver grip, might cause extra pressure when throwing with that grip often or for distance.

If it's just a random pain, flexibility might be an issue, as you are trying to make your finger bend more than it naturally wants to around the rim. The fingers can lose flexibility early on and force a change in grip to alleviate pressure and soreness.

*backswing

PS - LB represent!

Thanks, man! Will try it out. And yes yes, LBC!!!

Latest posts