• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Panama City Beach FL Newbie

Valkster0001

Hello! PCB newbie here. My son in Montana turned me on to this sport back in June and I have been hooked ever since. Have played in Kalispell Mt, Vancouver Wa, Palatine Il, Ft Walton Beach and Panama City Fl. Throw LHBH but am working on my RHFH technique.
Primarily play at FSU in Panama City Beach but since finding Ferry Park in Ft Walton, I will be along with my DG Buds, be playing there more as it gives us all good excuses to sample the craft breweries there in town.

Welcome....I have a feeling I've probably played with you...especially if you were over a couple weeks ago with the rest of the PC crew. If you haven't already you should get in touch with Chris Whittle over there he runs a lot of stuff with the PC Chain Gang. Then as you said there are a fair amount of us over here in FWB.

Sugarnot I do not believe it was I that you thought was with the PC crew as last week was the first time I had played Ferry Park but thanks anyway. I may take your advice on getting up with Chris......eventually, when my form improves seeing as I am forcing myself to learn to throw right handed opposed to my natural left handed back handed form. Enjoyed Ferry Park and will definitely be throwing there again soon.

Tomahawk I am working on overall versatility and it is personally strange for me who naturally throws a baseball and football right handed to only be able to throw a golf disk or even a frisbee left handed with any distance or what could be called accuracy. No other reason. I did just the other day take some time to practice putts using only right handed tosses in the straddle and tomahawk fashion plus RHBH throws. It was interesting to say the least. Up to 15 ft it was not a challenge anything over that was frustrating. Still more practice is needed but not today. A buddy and I are going to check out the Bear course in Compass lake today and depending where my approaches land will determine left or right handed shots for birdie:D