• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Panic Distance Driver

Panic

I threw a Panic for the first time today. Neutron plastic. Unknown weight.

Based on what I read, I was expecting something very similar to MVP's Dimension. The Panic flew similar, but not exactly like the Dimension. I found the Panic to be a hair more understable and longer than the Dimension. Thrown hard I'd see just a little turn with the Panic. It also held the flat part of the flight longer than the Dimension, and didn't have quite as harsh of a late fade.

The Panic is definitely speed 14. This disc sizzles through the air with authority and stands up to headwinds well. For me it flies like a faster Defender or beefy Boss. Not a disc for beginners. To get a decent flight out of the Panic you'll probably need at least 375' power. My top distance with it today was about 400'. The Panic is a long driver, but it isn't effortless distance. The disc doesn't glide spectacularly, and you'll have to earn the distance with sheer arm power. Honestly, I feel like the Panic is a great driver for guys who throw Octanes, but want something with just a tad more beef to it.

I personally liked the Panic a lot, but I wouldn't recommend it to new players or short throwers. Its a fairly beefy driver that takes a fair amount of power to flatten out.

Panic: 14, 5, -0.5, 3. Just a tiny hint of high speed turn on hard throws. Mellower late fade than the Dimension. The Panic can be a very long disc for big arms. This is a driver that can handle pro level power.

Surprised the Panic is longer for you. When I bought my first Dimension I also grabbed a new Panic. Field tested them side by side and the Dimension was a good bit longer every time. Otherwise your experience with them mirrors mine.

Surprised the Panic is longer for you. When I bought my first Dimension I also grabbed a new Panic. Field tested them side by side and the Dimension was a good bit longer every time. Otherwise your experience with them mirrors mine.

Yeah. The Panic and Dimension fly almost exactly the same for me. Difference is, the Panic will hold the flat part of the flight longer before fading. My Dimension is fairly beefy. Its lightning fast, but looks for the ground fairly quickly.

Those two molds are similar enough you wouldn't need to bag both at the same time.

Next mold I get to try is the Nitro. I'm expecting it to be beefier than the Dimension or Panic.