• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Panic Distance Driver

I love pausing axiom release vids to look at the stability line in the stamp. Ever since I found out about that I can't stop looking for it.

excited to try out a disc between the Nitro and Octane. Been using the Defy and light Nitros for now.

Axiom neutron stamps show the flight path. The small wings all have unique profiles to the flight like you would see on a flight chart.

Yep. :thmbup:

Axiom discs' flight pattern is built right into the stamp. It's pure genius. So looking at that Thrill stamp, it's gonna be plenty beefy.

See how the Vanish has that rounded blade? It means it will be understable. And the Thrill is much sharper, basically showing the disc's fade.

hes talking about the disc stamp if those who don't know about the axiom neutron stock stuff. the stamp roughly illustrates how the disc is designed fly. screw flight numbers just put the flight path on the stamp and make it look so legit no one knows! :hfive:

THANK YOU DISC GOLF gods...

This will be a dosc i will get above tge other two. Nitro is my favorite driver. If I could want anything more it would be a disc in between nitro and octane. Can not waot.

Very overstable at that range. If you're thrown a Resistor or Fireball, it's along those lines except faster. It'd get some really nice skips thrown low, and you'd never have to think about it flipping in a headwind!

You make that seem less stable than a phase or thrill. I thought it was supposed to be along their lines in stability. I might have a use for that. Really I just want an excuse to do the "at the gyro" dye joke.

You make that seem less stable than a phase or thrill. I thought it was supposed to be along their lines in stability. I might have a use for that. Really I just want an excuse to do the "at the gyro" dye joke.

The meme potential is strong with this one :)

I actually haven't thrown a Phase, but have thrown a Proton Thrill. It's pretty close to the Thrill in terms of stability, though obviously a touch faster, but I think there is a bit more glide and a slightly later fade than the Thrill. Not a massive difference as it clearly wants to fight out of an anny release, but for me it was a nice combo of predictability and distance. Powers down very well on hyzer lines for how fast it is too. That ~300' par 3, hole #9, flew very nicely for me there. I've never thrown that route, I always throw a putter or mid straight on that hole.

Very overstable at that range. If you're thrown a Resistor or Fireball, it's along those lines except faster. It'd get some really nice skips thrown low, and you'd never have to think about it flipping in a headwind!

Haha Resistors, Motions, and Fireballs already don't flip for me! I think I'll set one aside as a tester for the locals and save my arm!

Haha Resistors, Motions, and Fireballs already don't flip for me! I think I'll set one aside as a tester for the locals and save my arm!

None of those molds flip for me either. I threw the same blue neutron resistor I got with the tester shipment up until two or three months ago...still no high speed turn!

Hoping these max distance Axiom drivers are coming out in the softer blend they used on the Wrath / Insanity / Fireball. Love that plastic.

Why do you say such evil things? :confused:

MVP needs to do with Neutron what it did with Electron: Soft, Medium and Firm....or just soft and firm.

I can get behind that. I love the softer blends so if I could get all my discs in it, I would. But at the same time I wouldn't want that to come at the expense of people who like regular neutron.

Finally found time to go throw this. It's overstable. Of course, right? But it didn't crash to the ground like I was expecting. It went out started fading slowly and gradually found the ground while still getting decent distance. I think I need more time with it to see what I can really do with it as it isn't as overstable as I was expecting.

At 1000m above sea level, throwing the Panic flat about 325'. I found the wing tipped downward while fading, which brings it down with authority. Flexed, it goes out a bit longer, hits flatter and skips very well.

Comparing Panic to a Defender as my current headwind distance driver, I find the Defender seems to tip less as it fades. Seeing this makes me think its time to bring the Octane back out for this comparison.

Is this bad boy more or less overstable than the Nitro? It seems like a pissed off Octane, but some people have made me think it's more OS.