• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Par and Pro Par for multiple tees with different pars?

marcusmpe

Lochness Park in Blaine, MN: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=3635
3 tees for every hole, but 4 of the 9 holes do not have the same par for each tee. The course map shows the pars and distances for each hole. I'm curious how this should be put into the course hole information on this site. It doesn't have any method for par individual by tee from what I can tell.

I originally thought that it would be easy to set the Pro Par to all 3s if it weren't for the 850ft (blue tee) 1st hole behemoth. Setting this Pro Par to 4 however does not accurately reflect the course played from green or red tees.

Is this situation on any other courses? How is it handled?
Any information would be great.
Marcus

Come on Marcus, you first have to introduce yourself as a van down by the river; or, broke down pinto by the railroad tracks guy or something....:)

just play everything a 3, if your 1 over, who cares? its the same as being 1 under if u play it as a par 5, but only pussys dont play all 3's :D

Par should be 1. Anything else means your not trying hard enough.

Lochness Park in Blaine, MN: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=3635
3 tees for every hole, but 4 of the 9 holes do not have the same par for each tee. The course map shows the pars and distances for each hole. I'm curious how this should be put into the course hole information on this site. It doesn't have any method for par individual by tee from what I can tell.

I originally thought that it would be easy to set the Pro Par to all 3s if it weren't for the 850ft (blue tee) 1st hole behemoth. Setting this Pro Par to 4 however does not accurately reflect the course played from green or red tees.

Is this situation on any other courses? How is it handled?
Any information would be great.
Marcus

Without seeing actual photos of the holes, nothing at that course aside from hole #1 looks like it warrants more than a Par 3 at any of the tees. Massive foliage, obstructed lines, or huge doglegs could change that, but from the map it doesn't look like the course has any of those. I guess if you really want to raise the Par values above 3 for the 'Par' listing, I'd maybe set 'Pro Par' as 4 for hole #1 and 3 for everything else.

Hello my Minnesota friend (I am originally from MN, and still spend several months per year there), I can't help with your question, just wanted to say hi. And dammit, my van is down by the ocean at the moment, not the river!

tallpaul said:
Come on Marcus, you first have to introduce yourself as a van down by the river; or, broke down pinto by the railroad tracks guy or something....:)
I've bowled far too many games at Super Bowl in your neck of the woods to take that crap :D

Mambrose said:
just play everything a 3, if your 1 over, who cares? its the same as being 1 under if u play it as a par 5, but only pussys dont play all 3's :D
I agree that playing all three's works pretty well for the majority of courses, and if it weren't for hole 1 I would even be posting. I really like the idea of true par 4s on courses and I think it qualifies.

leppard said:
Par should be 1. Anything else means your not trying hard enough.
I'm trying damn hard, and have yet to get a 1 through more than 200 rounds in 4+ years. Maybe my problem is playing courses like this which has 2, maybe 3 chances for an ace. If I could throw a 900ft forehand that might be nice for hole 1.

jeverett said:
Without seeing actual photos of the holes, nothing at that course aside from hole #1 looks like it warrants more than a Par 3 at any of the tees. Massive foliage, obstructed lines, or huge doglegs could change that, but from the map it doesn't look like the course has any of those. I guess if you really want to raise the Par values above 3 for the 'Par' listing, I'd maybe set 'Pro Par' as 4 for hole #1 and 3 for everything else.
I completely agree that every other hole can be considered a 3. Even calling hole 1 a pro par 4 how could the rest of the course be handled for regular par? They have great signs marking course par for every hole/tee but it doesn't seem appropriate/possible to submit these as the regular par. I was hoping someone could cite a course with this same situation I could relate to.

Really the only reason I care is that it would be nice to see my scores broken down by birdie, par, bogey instead of just an average shots per hole.