• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PAS disc sports Rovic RV1D

PanicKJ

Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Has anyone purchased one of these?

http://rovicgolf.com/discgolf/rv1d-overview.php

It is made by Clicgear, I really wanted to hear some reviews before spending the money. It is basically a ball golf cart that has been slightly modified to hold a bag. I actually prefer a ball golf cart over my delta as the Delta is not that great in a rainy tournament setting. Ball golf cart will hold an umbrella upright and over your discs the whole time. Plus they are so easy to push.

Has anyone purchased one of these?

http://rovicgolf.com/discgolf/rv1d-overview.php

It is made by Clicgear, I really wanted to hear some reviews before spending the money. It is basically a ball golf cart that has been slightly modified to hold a bag. I actually prefer a ball golf cart over my delta as the Delta is not that great in a rainy tournament setting. Ball golf cart will hold an umbrella upright and over your discs the whole time. Plus they are so easy to push.

DG Nerd just reviewed this. I have been eyeballing this cart for a bit and am pretty sure Big Jerm was pushing one at the DGPT finals.

My last DIY cart was three wheeled. It was awesome over all terrain. When one wheel hit something the weight transferred to the other wheels.

Really nice cart on the course. There were two things that kept it from perfection. There was no seat, and it was really bulky to fold up and transport.

I thought about trying again with a "junior" version to help with portability. Looks kinda like what they've done here. I know there's also a seat add-on that sits over one of the back wheels.

I think this design could be very successful. Innovation is good for this niche market.

I myself ended up with the Zuca compact cart and could not be happier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like this one. I'm holding off until I see his review of it. Pure aesthetics, but I like this over the Zuca design. The spring loaded add-on seat with the ground rod, looks really stable.

Super interested.

One of the main things that I've had a problem with with the Gotta Go Gotta Throw cart I use is the "flat" back to it. As far as I know, every cart on the market (Zuca, etc) is like this. When I walk with it, I have to watch my stride length as if I don't, I'll stride into it or pull it into my stride from behind. I think this is mostly due to height (6'4") although my father who is an inch shorter does not have this issue. (Maybe I'm just weird. :D)

Either way, I'm all ears to this "stroller" type design where there's more space between the push handle and the actual cart. (The main pole "bows out". Hopefully I'm making sense.)

I'd love to test it before I drop $200 on another cart but I don't know how possible that'd be, as I live in a disc golf desert.

sent a message to disc golf nerd and he said he had tested it once out on the course but will be putting out a video review soon after he tests it more. He said he will also be comparing it to a Zuca at some point as well.

I am sold because it works with any bag! also it's a traditional golf cart company making gear for us, that's big y'all. Plus it looks sick and once you get all of the attachments it's the base price of the other carts. IMO it looks much more all terrain capable and ergonomic. I have used carts like this on golf courses so familiarity may be playing a part in my attraction to this cart but I really like it. also, yes! Gcanter , please review it for us.

My only concern is when you use the seat and have a larger bag like pound or AX will it interfere with you while sitting in the same space.

My only concern is when you use the seat and have a larger bag like pound or AX will it interfere with you while sitting in the same space.

This is interesting, I have not considered this. I guess it depends on the size of the user, but it seems to me if you were sitting with decent posture you'd be okay. If not I am supposing it wouldn't be super hard to carry a camptime stool.

If you have a pound bag you don't need a cart. Played many rounds with my Zuca and I'm significantly less tired when I use my Octothorpe.

I saw a picture on Facebook where somebody has a Pound bag on their cart. To me it looks like there is plenty of room. The seat is shaped so your facing away from your bag when you sit down. I have a Pound also. My cart is supposed to arrive tomorrow. I'll know then.

LB

If you have a pound bag you don't need a cart. Played many rounds with my Zuca and I'm significantly less tired when I use my Octothorpe.

After carrying 23 discs, normal disc golf stuff and the hydra pack full of water I am dead after 2 rounds in one day in TN during the summer time. LB bags are good but not that good.

Pound bags are as good as you can get but a cart is just easier. I can tell the difference between carrying my pound and pulling my delta cart. The reason i bought the Rovic is because as good as the delta is the rovic carts roll so much smoother and and with less effort.

I have been using patience over the last 6 months or so debating and reviewing current carts (ZUCA, Delta, Ridge Roller, Rovic). I have almost made up my mind. After having a LB bag for 2 years I will be adding a cart but I am wanting something that is able to easily transition to both worlds (Cart and backpack) so that leaves me with the (Ridge Roller and Rovic). I next wanted a built in seat (both have it-need backpack or R3 option or stool). So I am down to 2.....next I need to price both out with accessories.

ROVIC- $199
Seat- $40 (20% discount with cart)
Cooler Bag-??? sold out currently, but around $50-$60 maybe
Putter caddy- not available, can use my towch or just use LBs top putter area.
Umbrella Holder-Comes with one
So around $300 total.

Ridge Roller-$280
Ridge Fridge-$55
Putter Caddy-$55 (don't really need)
Seat-I have a camptime stool I can use.
umbrella holder-would need to add one (bagboy or something) $35ish
Total=$370 without putter caddy added.

So it looks like the Rovic is cheaper comparing cart and similar accessories. Need another month or so to see Rovic Reviews from a few people tho.

Latest posts