• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Patagonia Shoes

jchoate7

Eagle Member
So anyone out there looking for shoes? I've been looking for a while for shoes with a Vibram bottom that fit my wide foot. I've stumbled across these:

http://www.patagonia.com/us/product/mens-drifter-a-c-all-terrain-shoe?p=79668-0-344

I originally tried them on at Gander Mountain and the $125 price tag I found there was a bit steep for me so I decided to search for them online and I did find a pair for half of that price. I've had the shoes now for about 3 months and wow, they are the best shoes I've had for disc golf yet. After 3 months the bottoms haven't shown any sign of wear whatsoever. The shoe fits wonderfully for my wide foot which the Merrels and the New Balance Nimbus' didn't. The traction works great thanks to the Vibram bottom. The tread allows for no loss of grip in mud either. So far none of the seems in the shoe look like there will be any place for a weak spot like some other shoes show. The shoe does make you a bit taller but not to tall to the point where your scared of rolling your ankle when you go to pivot to throw. There is also a warranty on these which is great to. The warranty covers everything besides abuse and normal wear. Basically what I'm saying is this shoe is awesome. After searching for a long time to finally find the shoe I was looking for I can now say that I am happy with my purchase (and so is the GF, I was worse than her when it came to looking at shoes at the mall lol). Just figured I'd let you all know of an awesome shoe in case you were looking for one yourself.

Glad you had more luck with those shoes than I did. I went through 2 pairs in less than 6 months because the seems kept coming apart, the sole would come unglued, and as a result, the waterproofing didn't work. It also took 6 1/2 weeks to get them replaced, and I was told I would have to pay extra to speed up the replacement process if I didn't want to wait that long.
They did seem like a really solid pair of shoes, maybe I just got 2 bad pairs.

I ended up getting the non waterproof ones. I'm loving them so far. I've had them for only 3 months compared to your 6. I'll have to update in 3 months from now.

My last two pair of shoes were Patagonia Tsalis and they were the most comfortable and lightweight shoes I think I've ever had. They did wear out after about 6 months though but that was expected with such a lightweight shoe being put under all the stress of torquing and dragging on concrete.

I looked in to getting a beefier pair like these but for me I can't get off lightweight shoes now that I've found them.

I picked up a pair of Patagonia P26 AC hiking shoes for $55 from woot.com, and like the fit better than both pairs of my Keens. The aesthetics could be better though.