• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Patches

Bglo

Par Member
I just recently bought an ace patch, but i am unsure on how to attach it to my bag. Am i supposed to sew it on or some sort of glue or is it an iron on patch? just wondering how everyone else has attached their patches

I've never been a fan of the iron on patches and have sewn all mine on. There are some places on my bag where the only option would be to use an iron on one but I would rather leave it blank then possibly ruin my bag.

bag1.jpg

bag2.jpg

bag3.jpg

These were all sewn on and I haven't had any problems with them.

I ironed on a few on my old fade tourney and an older innova starter...but it's not easy. if you miss, your bag is gonna get scorched...i didn't miss

Hand sew it on, if it falls off the only person you can blame is yourself. You run a chance of the adhesive deteriorating over time with the iron on patches; it isn't common but it does happen.

^^^ This and also if you sew it on and you need to get a new bag, you can just use a seam ripper and remove the patch. You can then re-sew it on your new bag. You can't do that to an iron on.

I've glued an iron-on patch to a fleece hoodie I wear for work with this stuff called "Fabri-Tac". I've washed it hundreds of times, and it's still stuck on there like day one. You can get it at your local craft store.