• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paul is done for 2019

frasnow

Eagle Member
Paul announced an ankle injury on Instagram and has decided his 2019 season is over.

2019 is not ending well. :confused:

Verified
I wish I had this picture from the other side because I still can't believe the love and support I received last week in Rock Hill, SC. I met hundreds of fans from around the country who came out to support and watch a potential "grand slam." I was blown away seeing all the PM hats and clothing, it was incredible. I truly have the best fans!!! My preparation week for the USDGC was one of my best weeks I've ever had leading into a major. I had a solid game plan and I felt like I was playing some of the best golf of my life. Unfortunately I re-aggregated an injury on the first hole of the tournament. My right ankle had a severe pop during my putt, I even question "what was that pop." On my way to the basket. I don't know the full extent yet so I've been avoiding the injury question but once I have more answers I will fill you all in. I know I didn't play great but I hope I made you all proud! Now with the conclusion of the USDGC I have decided to end my year. Thank you all for making this an incredible year!

I wondered if something was up. Obviously you don't see Paul put up numbers like he did. So that explains it. Congrats to James Conrad!

Was having a conversation with a friend on the course yesterday - I think we came to the conclusion that "Either McBeth wins Hall of Fame by 30, or we're going to find out he's hurt." Looks like it was the latter.

A "Congrats to 2019 USDGC Champ James Conrad!" would have been nice.

I agree, that would've been nice.

Having said that, I'm not surprised to hear that McBeth had an injury. Even so, he's had a great year, and I hope he'll get that ankle healed up and come back for 2020 with his best stuff ever.

Okay, so back to the immortal questions: "What happens when an irresistible force meets an immovable object?" and "Is it the archer or the arrow in disc golf?" :D

Was having a conversation with a friend on the course yesterday - I think we came to the conclusion that "Either McBeth wins Hall of Fame by 30, or we're going to find out he's hurt." Looks like it was the latter.

HOF isn't for the young. Climo was added when he was in his 20s and said basically the same thing, he didn't like them doing that.
Paul will get to the HOF but let's let his career get at least half way over before adding him.

HOF isn't for the young. Climo was added when he was in his 20s and said basically the same thing, he didn't like them doing that.
Paul will get to the HOF but let's let his career get at least half way over before adding him.
I'm talking about the tournament that starts in three days, either he wins by 30... or its going to come out that he's hurt (which it did). We assumed that he'd either go full insane and destroy the field after a disappointing USDGC or it would turn out he was hurt all along, the way his season has gone we couldn't see any in between possibility.

I think if he was truly injured and didn't feel he could compete, he should have dropped out. Kind of a weak move to finish and not cash, and then post about his injury happening on the first hole. He's the best player ever, it seemed odd that he would shoot so poorly and finish out of the money just based purely on poor play. Drop out, heal up, move on.

I think if he was truly injured and didn't feel he could compete, he should have dropped out. Kind of a weak move to finish and not cash, and then post about his injury happening on the first hole. He's the best player ever, it seemed odd that he would shoot so poorly and finish out of the money just based purely on poor play. Drop out, heal up, move on.

I don't understand your comment? Weak move how? What about Eagle and his hand? He should have dropped out too right?

So the top 3 players is all hurt. . .Discgolf is hard on the body and courses gets longer and harder. . CAN you even have a long career at the top in this sport?

To be fair I don't think Eagle slamming his fist on the ground in his signature toddler temper tantrum style... maybe this broken hand will keep him from doing damage to his elbow or giving himself a concussion.

And though Lyme is no joke and I feel bad for Ricky... there are steps to reduce exposure and help with recovery. Lyme is a big effing deal in DG we play in the woods. PSA, use repellent and do tick checks.

Not sure how those have to do with longer courses getting hard on the body.

I think I would have been pretty surprised if McBeth wasn't injured. Round one was round one, he played mediocre for him except for the absolute blow-up in the middle 3 holes.
But then after the second day my main thought was... he must be hurt.

Latest posts