• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paul McBeth Is At His Highest Rating Ever

How is USDGC historically with ratings? Is it a X-tier this year? Does it offer elevated ratings for someone who avoids the OB, similar to the Memorial? I would imagine if Paul keeps putting this hot the rest of the season, 1060 will be attainable. That is just crazy good. It has to cap out somewhere, but when, 1070?

How is USDGC historically with ratings? Is it a X-tier this year? Does it offer elevated ratings for someone who avoids the OB, similar to the Memorial? I would imagine if Paul keeps putting this hot the rest of the season, 1060 will be attainable. That is just crazy good. It has to cap out somewhere, but when, 1070?

USDGC ratings don't count.

Curious why usdgc ratings don't count? I don't understand. Ratings are weird.

The ratings gurus have determined that some of the course rules they use have a detrimental influence on the calculations compared to typical tournaments. Specifically, things like how they restrict OB options on certain holes (e.g. the island hole 17).

Seems like as long as the average rating of the field Paul is playing against climbs and Paul wins, Paul's rating will continue to climb. Could this "bubble up" effect be a flaw in the ratings system?

Latest posts