• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Paul's New Fairway (Anax)

Ok but, how do these fly? Any reviewers out there? Compare to Teebird, Teebird3, Thunderbird - Undertaker, Vulture, Predator.

Ok but, how do these fly? Any reviewers out there? Compare to Teebird, Teebird3, Thunderbird - Undertaker, Vulture, Predator.

did you watch the video i posted a couple days ago? its straight to fade they will probably break in nicely.. in between a vulture and predator, closer to vulture but slightly shorter

Last edited:
More test videos..

tutorial: go to youtube, search for "mcbeth fairway" then click filter and under sort by select upload date and you will have all the latest videos with the keywords. (hint: this works for any new release, and if you try it again tonight there may be more new videos!) :hfive:

So Tsunami is back or should I say orginal Predator is back. Great choice Paul!

So Tsunami is back or should I say orginal Predator is back. Great choice Paul!

Can someone school me on the history of the old mold Pred/Tsunami?

You think they actually dusted off the old mold for this one? Wasn't Paul throwing a Tsunami or something in one of the earlier 2019 tourneys?

Can someone school me on the history of the old mold Pred/Tsunami?

You think they actually dusted off the old mold for this one? Wasn't Paul throwing a Tsunami or something in one of the earlier 2019 tourneys?

I'll give it a shot. Predator came out in 2002. After some time the mold was changed to be more overstable. I don't recall how long the old molds were available before the updated Predator came out. Discraft dusted off the Predator's old mold for DGA, and that became the Tsunami in 2004.

Paul threw a Tsunami during Throw Down The Mountain if I recall correctly.

Paul's new test flight fairway is not a Tsunami. The flight and feel might be similar, but the top is different. I haven't thrown the new Test Flight fairway yet, but I do have a couple of them. If I can did threw the stash and find them I'll try and post some comparison pics in the next few days. Side by side comparison pics of Tsunami, new mold Predator, Vulture, Raptor, and the Test Flight?

Anax from Discraft Approved Date: Jun 19, 2019

Max Weight: 177.6gr
Diameter: 21.4cm
Height: 1.7cm
Rim Depth: 1.2cm
Rim Thickness: 1.9cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 17.5cm
Rim Depth / Diameter Ratio: 5.6%
Rim Configuration: 29.75
Flexibility: 10.45kg
Not sure if this is the disc in question but the specs look about right...

21,4cm is the same as the Vulture. .didn't Paul say that the Vulture was to Big of a diameter disc for his liking?

I'm pretty sure it's a white Glo Z vulture he's throwing as a more OS undertaker slot. I bet he's gotten used to the feel by now. Sometimes discs are worth minor discomforts in exchange for a great flight. It's how most people feel about comets and the vulture.

If his disc is called "Anax" do you think there is anything behind all his discs having 4 letter names? Paul, PMcB, disc, golf, your favorite swear word, etc. all have 4 letters.

I wouldn't think so, but if his new mid also has a 4 letter name, I'll start speculating.

I'm pretty sure it's a white Glo Z vulture he's throwing as a more OS undertaker slot. I bet he's gotten used to the feel by now. Sometimes discs are worth minor discomforts in exchange for a great flight. It's how most people feel about comets and the vulture.

I agree with the idea, but I don't know who honestly finds the Vulture uncomfortable. If no one told me that this blatant Thunderbird clone actually had a millimeter or so bigger diameter, I never would have noticed it. I was very surprised and was wondering what Paul was smoking when he passed it up at first.

After keeping this mold in my bag for a couple days and its just too similar to my vultures but not as much distance, plus the rim for me personally isn't Comfortable for confident flicks. I'm sure it will make its way into a lot of bags though

Sounds like a slightly larger diameter Avenger (depth/height/rim width the same), especially if you consider the remark about the rim being kind of sharp as one video described.

Latest posts