• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PAY IT FORWARD STILL GOING STRONG!!!

steveo69

Eagle Member
To all the new members and the ones that have been around awhile and have not gotten a crown. The PIF thread is still going after one year! I want you to get in on the action! So do yourself a favor and spend the $15 to get access the the v.i.p. forum. We all love this site the money helps to keep it running and to make it better for all. So spend the $15 support the site, get sweet plastic and make awesome friends! You will not be disappointed! Get access to the number one thread here on DGCR today!:hfive:

THIS!

Please read entire first post before participating!

First the back story,

A few days ago I was browsing the Disc organizer area for a disc I have been in search for. I found one. Contacted the owner (who shall remain nameless unless they would like to chime in and take credit for popping the idea in my head) I was told they were not Shure if they still had it. A couple days later I was contacted saying that they had been busy and the disc is still in their position. They wanted to send it to me free because they wanted to PAY IT FORWARD. They only requested that I do the same. I said sweet and gave my info.
Now this got me thinking. How should I pay if forward? I got the Idea that this would be great to do as a community. So my thought is I would start a thread and put up a disc I have to pay it forward.

How it works,

You are looking for the last disc posted in this thread. If you like the disc all you have to do is be the first person to call dibs on it. After someone has called dibs on said disc the one who posted will contact you via PM to get your shipping info. All we ask of you as the receiver of the free disc is to Pay It Forward and post one of your discs for someone else to call dibs on. And so one and so forth.
This is a great way to pay it forward. Along with an easy way to get a disc you would like to try out. It's also a good way to get that disc you have that didn't make your bag into the hands of someone who will enjoy it.

Ok so here are the guidelines;

1) This is open to everyone
2) One disc at a time
3) Be fair don't post a dog chew toy up for dibs
4) You MUST reply with the word "Dibs" if you want it.
5) Giver pays shipping
6) No insider trading (i.e. don't pm your buddy's and say heads up I'm posting ____ so grab it.)
7) When you have a disc posted for someone to call dibs on it is your responsibility to watch the thread and PM the first to call dibs
8) ONLY call dibs in the thread no calling dibs via PM's
9) Post your disc that's up for dibs as you would in the marketplace (Pic, Plastic type, weight, sleepy scale)

Have fun with it guys and let's see how long this can keep going for!!!

I've gotten nice stuff to use on there and have given up some nice things also. It's great.

ive also gotten some awesome discs and given away some awesome discs

Yup, cant say enough good things about the VIP PIF thread. Helped me and got to help others.

Pif is awesome, we also plan meetups and things of that nature plus paying the money to be a VIP member as more benifits than just getting a crown above your name! I've received and given out very nice discs on the board (BS buzzz and ce :D)

VIP/PIF is great! Got and gave some awesome plastic, received some good advice (except from B3NDER) and made a pilgrimage to Flip City because of the PIF crew. Everyone is welcome, just don't be a D-bag. That's my job. ;)

Pif is awesome, we also plan meetups and things of that nature plus paying the money to be a VIP member as more benifits than just getting a crown above your name! I've received and given out very nice discs on the board (BS buzzz and ce :D)

I can vouch for this!

VIP/PIF is great! Got and gave some awesome plastic, received some good advice (except from B3NDER) and made a pilgrimage to Flip City because of the PIF crew. Everyone is welcome, just don't be a D-bag. That's my job. ;)

Piece of sh*t ;) Bill asked me if I should allow you guys from PA on his property, and I said "meh" so thank me :D

Looked through my history of PIF involvement, and was almost shocked to see I've dibbed a cool disc 7 times, paid forward some useful stuff, and made some great internet friends! :thmbup:

For those who might consider joining, this is just a small sampling of the cool moves that happen in the VIP area (click images, ignore pricing – that was just my initial if/when a disc winds up in my sale thread). Some of these were mystery door game items, some were selected. We have fun! :

I offered a list, from which another member chose a 172 star Destroyer, after receiving a 169 Saint, which I managed to lose.
PIF'd a 165 grid aviar (which we weren't sure was classic or new – I'm such a noob) after receiving GL Flow, which is in my backup bag (for windy days)
PIF'd a 175 champ Viking after receiving a blue AR12 Zombee (backup bagged)
PIF'd a 177+ z AR12 Zombee after receiving a bluegreen Shark which is now in my daughter's bag
PIF'd a 176 esp Zone after receiving an opto River that I throw daily
PIF'd a 177+ z AR12 after receiving ti Buzzz which was later bought by someone seeking that exact disc
PIF'd a 173 z Buzzz (and wound up trading 2 Lat64's for 2 Lat64's in molds we each throw) after 'Dib'ing a mystery disc (hasn't arrived yet…antici………..pation!)

I often feel guilty because my inventory isn't as cool as some of the guys' (you should see some of the nice stuff that is given away there regularly...but that IS the point: Pay It Forward!), but they've always made me feel welcome (Thanks everybody!) :clap:

if you want to use the marketplace, you're already going to be paying $5, for another $10 you can come hang in the VIP too, not to mention PIF and the perks from being a premium member (more pm space is my fave).

signed up ViP today and checked out the thread juat waiting for something i could really use and im all over it.

i got this in pif.

8308952381_c3009f562c.jpg

and a ton of other goodies! PIF rocks and so do the crew.:thmbup:

i got this in pif.

8308952381_c3009f562c.jpg

and a ton of other goodies! PIF rocks and so do the crew.:thmbup:

Dibs star wraith

i'll get my list up in a second! ;)

PIF is cool just know to have a disc list ready and lots of discs snobs in there like me......PIF is kinda weird in a great way but again...the tread is kinda hard to follow at times and there is a certain "Mystery" to things.

Come for the PIF, stay for the chit chat,

I just realized that my crow is about to disappear. Time to Re-UP

i havent been in on PIF in a while, but then again I havent been moving plastic for months either. I do miss it tho. I guess thats what the PIF social thread is for. BTW Hi guys

Latest posts