• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA gripes

blackandwhite

Double Eagle Member
So there is now the issue of molds not being re-certified, obvious weight issue, but something that has be a little 'erked

I renewed membership Friday early afternoon. After calling and leaving a voicemail this morning and submitting an email, I just called again to find out why I cant see my stats from previous tourneys/etc

I was informed that they only update once a week and its on Thursdays. So if anyone wants to be included for the most recent update they would have to do so by Monday I believe.

All things considered, I feel that for the money spent on new and renewing members, that this is something that should have a much higher turnover rate. Its not like they weight until it goes through to deduct the money from the account, but can have people wait up to a full week in order to gain access to something that they have already paid for

/gripe

What?

You won't miss a ratings update because your membership hasn't renewed. I think they're just saying that the website listing only updates on Thursdays. So when you check again on Thursday, all your stats will be there.

I get that. I can print out my confirmation and go forth to a tourney and not pay the extra $10.

But if they arent going to wait to take the money until its done, then why go about it this way. Im not sure they are not overwhelmed with the number of new/renewed members, so how hard would it be to track down an existing and click current once they have received my payment

Obviously this isnt a huge ordeal, but one would think (or at least I do) there is a much simpler process to get this done

I get that. I can print out my confirmation and go forth to a tourney and not pay the extra $10.

But if they arent going to wait to take the money until its done, then why go about it this way. Im not sure they are not overwhelmed with the number of new/renewed members, so how hard would it be to track down an existing and click current once they have received my payment

Obviously this isnt a huge ordeal, but one would think (or at least I do) there is a much simpler process to get this done

It's not that it's not "done." It's just not yet uploaded to the web database. I'm guessing there's a bit of data entry to be done and it's a lot easier to do in one batch rather than one-at-a-time as they come in.

Ahh, first world problems.

But if they arent going to wait to take the money until its done, then why go about it this way. Im not sure they are not overwhelmed with the number of new/renewed members
You're not sure if they're not overwhelmed? Oh the grammar. :sick:

I don't know how exactly the PDGA updates membership status, but FWIW, February is probably a very busy month for the memberships manager, and as far as I know, there's only one of them assigned to take care of 16,000+ people.

I do know that if you expect the PDGA to work with the demands of 21st century instant gratification most of us expect from online transactions, you're going to be pumping a lot of bad juju through your veins. There's far more serious things in life to get bent out of shape about.

They use a third party to handle membership renewals/sign ups.

One reason they wait and do the membership update on Thursdays is so they can generate the most up-to-date membership list they send to TDs hosting events that weekend.

They use a third party to handle membership renewals/sign ups.

They use a third party to handle ONLINE sign ups and renewals. Mail ins and sign ups/renewals at tournaments are handled at HQ.

As others have said, there's one person handling memberships for the entire organization. Even if she does get some assistance in the office from time to time, this person can't be expected to do every thing in real time.

Oh boo hoo hoo, you don't get to see your precious stats for a few more days. Are they going to change dramatically in that time and you don't want to miss it?

There are plenty of worthy gripes about the PDGA, I'm not sure that this is one of them.

When I was hit in the head at the memorial, I was personally assured by the head of the pdga that my hospital bills would be taken care of.

I sent all the appropriate paper work and was told my part in the ordeal was over. Well a couple months later the hospital contacts me saying that they were never paid.

So I send more paper work and FAX more stuff and talk to more people on the phone. Once again the pdga said everything was going to be taken care of.

Well guess who ended up paying the $1,000+ bill after being threatened by creditors?

I did.

So that's my gripe and why I will never be a pdga member again.

Unless they want to extend the olive branch and give me free membership for life.

I mean its not like there were any witnesses when I was hit.

And its not like the pdga doesn't have insurance for those purposes.

When I was hit in the head at the memorial, I was personally assured by the head of the pdga that my hospital bills would be taken care of.

I sent all the appropriate paper work and was told my part in the ordeal was over. Well a couple months later the hospital contacts me saying that they were never paid.

So I send more paper work and FAX more stuff and talk to more people on the phone. Once again the pdga said everything was going to be taken care of.

Well guess who ended up paying the $1,000+ bill after being threatened by creditors?

I did.

So that's my gripe and why I will never be a pdga member again.

Unless they want to extend the olive branch and give me free membership for life.

I mean its not like there were any witnesses when I was hit.

And its not like the pdga doesn't have insurance for those purposes.

Worthy gripe. You should have filed a lawsuit.

You're not sure if they're not overwhelmed? Oh the grammar. :sick:
Way to many thoughts and work going on at the same time, normally not that bad

Even if she does get some assistance in the office from time to time, this person can't be expected to do every thing in real time.

Oh boo hoo hoo, you don't get to see your precious stats for a few more days. Are they going to change dramatically in that time and you don't want to miss it?

I didnt expect real time, but I also didnt expect a wait of a week. I would have thought that something might have been mentioned on page with all the information

And no that arent going to change in that week. I like to get things I pay for. If I would have known about the time aspect of it, I wouldnt have even created this.

I would have waited to renew until it was closer. Its like xmas. You pay for it and want it. For about the 4th time now, if I would have known it was Thursdays only I would have done it the day earlier or just waited a couple more to submit

My suggestion is to renew before mid-February when they turn off the stats for people who have not yet renewed. The PDGA provides a 6-7 week grace period into the next year to get renewed and you're holding them accountable for no more than a one week delay in turning your stats on again?

I didnt expect real time, but I also didnt expect a wait of a week. I would have thought that something might have been mentioned on page with all the information

And no that arent going to change in that week. I like to get things I pay for. If I would have known about the time aspect of it, I wouldnt have even created this.

You renewed on Friday afternoon.
You sent emails and left a voicemail on the following Monday morning inquiring about your membership status.
But you're not expecting things in "real time". Suurrrre.

I'd bet that in the time that lapsed from when your renewal went through and when you made the first call or email, the PDGA offices were open a total of maybe 2-3 hours. And that depends entirely on when on Friday afternoon you renewed. Like a lot of business offices, PDGA HQ is closed on the weekend. Nothing was going to happen on Saturday and Sunday no matter what their update schedule is.

You can say that having to wait until Thursday is unacceptable, but the fact is, you were quite impatient about things before you found that out.