• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA renewal is a joke

Lawndart Jedi

Why does it take a month to renew your PDGA membership! The computer in my hand has the power to handle this in minutes. Taking 3-5 weeks to process a renewal is just plan irresponsible of the PDGA. I have already lost out on multiple tournament waiting for the PDGA get get of there ass and do what we pay them for. The PDGA is a hinderance to planing in tournaments so I see no reason to join the PDGA again.

I believe if you take a print-out of your renawal confirmation email to any TD the day of the event, they are to not charge you the fee. At least, i've seen that done before.

Why does it take a month to renew your PDGA membership! The computer in my hand has the power to handle this in minutes. Taking 3-5 weeks to process a renewal is just plan irresponsible of the PDGA. I have already lost out on multiple tournament waiting for the PDGA get get of there ass and do what we pay them for. The PDGA is a hinderance to planing in tournaments so I see no reason to join the PDGA again.

U mad bro?

Plus, you can still play most events as a non-current member. Why would you have to miss out?

renewals are processed every wednesday- if it takes longer than that you should contact the pdga instead of bitching about it here. the office staff is courteous and helpful.

also, as jerry said: if you show a printout to a td they will take it as your renewal.

Seems so easy, nevermind just calling the PDGA, who we are fortunate to have staffed with excellent people.

hemad.jpg

It takes 3-5 weeks for them to process and customize your "player's pack" for joining or renewing, plus another week or so to receive it in the mail. That's just for your physical items like your membership card and whatnot. You are current as soon as you renew. You can take your receipt to a TD to show that you paid. Although, they won't show you as "current" on PDGA.com until the following Wednesday after you renew. I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

It takes 3-5 weeks for them to process and customize your "player's pack" for joining or renewing, plus another week or so to receive it in the mail. That's just for your physical items like your membership card and whatnot. You are current as soon as you renew. You can take your receipt to a TD to show that you paid. Although, they won't show you as "current" on PDGA.com until the following Wednesday after you renew. I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

This sounds right to me. Thanks!

This was my experience. Also any time I have called them about anything they always are very helpful and have taken care of what I need.

Someone forgot to realize that...

1. This is prime renewal season.
2. There are probably a small number of people processing hundreds if not thousands of renewals.
3. Its more time efficient to process things in batches, and more cost effective to ship them together. Hence the delay.

I would add...

4. You had the entire 2013 calendar year to renew for 2014. How is this the PDGA's fault in late February?

Yeah if you do it online you're current as soon as you renew...so the PDGA didn't cause you to miss out on anything.