• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA Renewal Question

A sanctioned Ice Bowl? None of the Ice Bowls I've played have been sanctioned.

they do exist

believeitornot.jpg

Say I haven't renewed and play in an Ice Bowl. What's the grace period for renewal so that those rounds will count?

So long as your PDGA number is attached to the results, they'll be included in your rating whether you renew or not. If your number wasn't attached, then the calendar year thing applies if you want to make sure it's counted.

Yep ... I can check out who won the USDGC this year while someone counts a wedgie because they don't believe that's a rule.

I actually carry mine with me, so it barely lasts a year.

Carrying it in a ziplock bag would preserve it from the elements that cause it to barely last a year.

Carrying it in a ziplock bag would preserve it from the elements that cause it to barely last a year.
Or you could print a new one yourself and scale the printer settings to fit 4 pages on one page. Quite frankly, that format works better/faster for finding rules more quickly. PDF on your phone is the way to go.

I had assumed that Dan was keeping it in a zip lock. If playing tournaments, you should carry one. Mine is about four years old, looks great. I did have to replace the zip lock bag once though.

I had assumed that Dan was keeping it in a zip lock. If playing tournaments, you should carry one. Mine is about four years old, looks great. I did have to replace the zip lock bag once though.

If it's 4 years old, it's out of date. :p

Yes, I carry it in a ziplock bag. Which generally keep it dry. Rules questions don't wait for rain to stop.

Or maybe they do for you. 4 years and never had a rules question in rainy weather?